SAU Community

Wantgtr - Now Have One! Bnr32

9 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Like a boss!

Going to run a fuel cooler? Fuel might get a bit warm with those heaters haha

I want to get the car running and tuned. I know there will be gremlins to sort out so will take it as comes. Car goes in for fab work later this week. Some ceramic coating to follow then fire dis bish up. Cant wait to hear dat bridgeport idle.

• 2 weeks later...

So i spent some time tonight moving the now largely useless loom from the passenger side engine bay into the gaurd.

This connector was part of it. Does anyone know what it does? Does it need to be plugged in?

2018-04-14_11-18-41

Seems to lead to the wheel hub. Is it an abs or awd thing?

10 hours ago, WantGTR said:

So i spent some time tonight moving the now largely useless loom from the passenger side engine bay into the gaurd.

This connector was part of it. Does anyone know what it does? Does it need to be plugged in?

Seems to lead to the wheel hub. Is it an abs or awd thing?

I looked this up at one point on my own car and yes I'm fairly sure it was the abs sensor 

46 minutes ago, JH32 said:

I looked this up at one point on my own car and yes I'm fairly sure it was the abs sensor 

Yeah i think so also. Have extended the loom on the sensor and connected it up where it needs to go. All good, was lazy for a second lol

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

How are you travelling with the build, can’t be much left now?

Mechanical work is done. Fab work done recently by a friend. Work was top notch. Custom baffled catch can and battery mount, bracket for power steering reservoir, intake pipe and dump pipe with vbands, gate pipe welded up etc

2018-05-01_08-23-41

Got the manifold, dump, rear housing, gate pipe ceramic coated.

After i got everything back i got busy at home. Braided oil and water lines, braided wastegate hoses, moved wiring into the gaurd, sorted out power steering hoses.

A while back i wired up the io box with flex, oil press, fuel press, boost solenoid, map sensor, wb1 controller kit so thats all sorted.

Cranked it over last night. engine eventually started for a few seconds before the wife came in and was forced to shut it down. Guess i shouldny really be starting it at 10pm with the newborn sleeping diredtly above the garage!

After i actually get it idling ill send it in for tuning. Not long now.

2018-05-01_08-21-06

Sounded beastly. I forgot how much i miss it.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

So you’ll be ready for GTR Festival

That engine bay looks very neat

Doesnt make the cut in comparison to some of the cars there!

1 hour ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

Awesome result, what boost are you pushing through it?
You’re going to have your hands full when it’s on boost

Thats on 32psi only. Can push it further but need a heavier wastegate spring.

• 1 month later...

So managed to get 1 run in at wsid before they cancelled the night got cancelled. 10.8 @ 140mph.

Will try and get back out there and better the time. Launch was messy at 1.8 60ft.

2018-07-05_07-22-442018-07-05_07-22-17

Overall ecstatic. 10s first pass. No prep. Decided i was going to race at 6pm after i finished work. Didnt even check tyre pressures or oil level. Opened the garage and drove to the track. With 140mph, theres heaps of room to improve the time.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...