SAU Community

New Wasteland Wa Topic

Hattori Hanzo 69

50 minutes ago, turboedsloth said:

As are the black fresh water lobsters

are you coming on to me? because its working....

keen AF to get my hands on marron or crabs, due to not being able to hunt this season :(

I can put some in the freezer for you in if want? we are also going up Perth way on a sunday in the next 2 weeks apparently.

Went out last night, was murky as all buggery. Waiting for this rain to farkkk off before i go out again

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, turboedsloth said:

I can put some in the freezer for you in if want? we are also going up Perth way on a sunday in the next 2 weeks apparently.

ken oath I would!!!! Also keen to catch up if you are coming up. Sunday WT lunch maybe?

I has a recipe for chilli lime and coriander crabcakes that brings all da boyz to mah yard.

42 minutes ago, turboedsloth said:

Sounds like a date. 

I can't do crabs. But marron, hhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg

ooooh jeebuz. You turn up here with marron I cant guarantee I wont wrap my legs around your face. Its literally been years :blush:

Hahahahahahahahah [emoji23] sounds like me & Dave ! We both bad with phones , gotta stop that tho

I usually only check the weather and Sau once or twice a day on holidays.

Delete Facebook, and you will thank me in a month when you realize how much spare time you have
  • Like 1

I usually only check the weather and Sau once or twice a day on holidays.

Delete Facebook, and you will thank me in a month when you realize how much spare time you have

I can’t really delete Facebook, photos and business page all there [emoji24][emoji24]

Sunburn- sunscreen
Best sleep ever in our van...the beers prob help
Dirt- sometimes depending on location
Food- wife cooks as well camping as at home but menu choices are reduced

Scenery- sensational

thats some pretty flash welding there dude. Reckon I might hit you up soon for a foreigner [emoji14]
Thanks dale. MIG Welding is just welding, once the geometric pattern development is done I've already lost interest. Parallel, radial line and triangulation is the fun part for me :-) we finally have a bender arriving soon so. Exhaust manifold off, machined, sand blasted and painted with all new studs. Dual cai's, Ali coolant/dual motor washer bottle, pod filter box. Got bad hot air stacking under the bonnet. Would like to do Ali but might be stainless. Due to free bits from work. You know on top of the 50hrs I put in this week. Haven't used the turbo timer because intercooler but you can hear the manifold pinging under cool down. Don't want to go with lagging or blankets because it traps the heat in bad? Any thoughts?

Thanks dale. MIG Welding is just welding, once the geometric pattern development is done I've already lost interest. Parallel, radial line and triangulation is the fun part for me :-) we finally have a bender arriving soon so. Exhaust manifold off, machined, sand blasted and painted with all new studs. Dual cai's, Ali coolant/dual motor washer bottle, pod filter box. Got bad hot air stacking under the bonnet. Would like to do Ali but might be stainless. Due to free bits from work. You know on top of the 50hrs I put in this week. Haven't used the turbo timer because intercooler but you can hear the manifold pinging under cool down. Don't want to go with lagging or blankets because it traps the heat in bad? Any thoughts?

Marc at C-Red reckon timers are pointless unless your racing, turbo blanket could be cool!
  • Like 1

Marc at C-Red reckon timers are pointless unless your racing, turbo blanket could be cool!
Yeah my bro reconds the same. Switch it off while it's hot so the oil feed maintains pressure around the bearings. Dave said use it for now on Cool down because the manifold is warped and ticks bad for ages on cool down. Won't matter when it's fixed I suppose. Turbo/manifold blankets/lagging are a trade off because they hold the heat in which makes for less exhaust efficiency due to increased exhaust/turbo temps. Will do dual cai's. One to the original air box position, with the back open towards the turbo and one across the front of the engine toward the exhaust manifold through the hole that isnt used from front facing plenum. Will put heat shielding guards over the manifold and turbo that will hopefully keep the heat down to be blown out by cai's to avoid the stacking issue?

Haven't used the turbo timer because intercooler but you can hear the manifold pinging under cool down. Don't want to go with lagging or blankets because it traps the heat in bad? Any thoughts?

Have an industrial precision EGT sensor In my Ute. it drops from 350C to 160-180 in 20 seconds or so of idle or decel. Giving it another 2 minutes of idle time only gets it down to 150C so why bother.

Just back off for the last few seconds of driving and shut it straight down. Not being under load at the end the turbo will stop spinning relatively quick and thermal siphoning will help keep turbo coolish anyway.

Turbo timers are made to piss off the neighbours.
  • Like 2

I had a timer on the stagea, never actually used it for pretty much the reasons stated,

Also, I dont think heat retaining is an issue in turbos etc. its more the moisture the lagging traps, and how that leads to massive corrosion. Seen blokes do this to motorbike exhausts and they go paper thin within a year. 

• Like 1

most likely too busy chatting up 2nd hand military equipment dealers to bother with the likes of us

or, too busy trying to keep his dog from drowning itself at every chance. Seriously, it wouldnt even drink from my dogs bowl, unless BOTH front feet were inside the water dish - and my dog has a 40lt water dish....

• Like 1

I had a timer on my old car, was built into the alarm. My car ticked and cracked once it had shit down, i thought it haf something todo with the fact the turbo and mani were cast, the downpipe was stainless and nuts and bolts were mild

• Like 1

oh lawd

turns out "bring your kids to work day" doesn't really work when you are counting on engineers telling them what they do, to be enough entertainment and stimulation for kids. My normally quiet office currently sounds like a day care centre that has been accidentally hosed down with red cordial and dexxies.....

damn breeders.......

• Like 1