SAU Community

New Wasteland Wa Topic

Hattori Hanzo 69

Noice

I had B and E burger loaded with hash brown, fried tomatoes and mushrooms at work

Was so good I made another and carried a food baby around all day

You should have seen the beef short ribs he served. 
I would wife him on those alone.
Except he made my dog look fat [emoji20]

It's ok. His dog is clearly anorexic.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

:(

Ordered a box of jamwood and a box of cherry from your mates at Flavourwood last night. 

Going to be a big weekend of dessert, as the mrs has an order from the blokes at my work for a massive cake, and I will be doing my dessert entry. 

My back patio is going to smell amazeballs

• Like 1

Yeah I used to make it.

First tip - don't trust any yeast that comes in a package with wort etc. Every time I did, I would get bugger all fizz in the bottle. Swapped it out for a behind the counter yeast from my local brew store and before I knew it, I had bottles exploding regularly :D

Also - if you end up with an alcohol content above 10%, its best NOT to mix it with dark rum, no matter how much of a good idea it sounds...

Lastly - buy a bottle washer. Trust me on this

2 hours ago, Stinky Rooster said:

Ordered a box of jamwood and a box of cherry from your mates at Flavourwood last night. 

Going to be a big weekend of dessert, as the mrs has an order from the blokes at my work for a massive cake, and I will be doing my dessert entry. 

My back patio is going to smell amazeballs

Sounds awesome! *drools*

Yeah I used to make it.
Also - if you end up with an alcohol content above 10%, its best NOT to mix it with dark rum, no matter how much of a good idea it sounds...

What could possibly go wrong?

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Well, 12 hours into my first ever 24 hour sous vide adventure, and the meat looks exactly the same  O_O

so if I kill myself with food poisoning tonight, I want it on public record that the dog gets my playstation 4

1 hour ago, Stinky Rooster said:

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Well, 12 hours into my first ever 24 hour sous vide adventure, and the meat looks exactly the same  O_O

so if I kill myself with food poisoning tonight, I want it on public record that the dog gets my playstation 4

You'll be fine.

Are you reverse searing or?

4 hours ago, Stinky Rooster said:

That's the plan, but I will probably just use a skillet, as firing up the kettle for a 3-5 minute love in with Maillard seems like overkill

I'd do the former for sure.

18 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I'd do the former for sure.

holy shit they were amazing. The Good Wife put together a reduction from the bag juices and we smashed them so fast I forgot to take a pic :(

They held together in the skillet really well, but soooooooooo fkn tender and juicy 

sous vide is officially win