SAU Community

New Wasteland Wa Topic

Hattori Hanzo 69

I talked them down to the original quote. The reason it was so high was because the door kyp supplied was in really bad condition (according to uneeda) he documented the repairs (as per my request, I said anything you charge me for I want to see a photo of). He claims that they spent 5 days panel beating the door just to get it to fit. The Respray is good. The colour match is perfect. Will I go back? No. The job might be good but their work ethic is crap. They should have called me and told me about all of these issues and let me decide if I wanted them to keep working on it or not. Plus they went 5 weeks over-time. 

DSC_0426.JPG

Yeah well the Original Quote was 1 Week if they could find a door. It took them 3 weeks to find a door, which I ended up finding for them, and then two weeks to get the door on the car. Now seeing how banged up the door was when they picked it up (almost looked like a different door), it makes sense... but oh well.

The way I see it is, the car is back in my hands, and fixed. Now I need to save some money, and once i'm back in my 'green' zone, I will continue to work on it.

Morning. So, now that i have my car back. I'm going to clay, cut and polish it. Starting with the hood and seeing how I go. This is really an experiment to see what results I get. The hood is covered in bird poo burn and numerous other stains, so... Let's get started 

Morning. So, now that i have my car back. I'm going to clay, cut and polish it. Starting with the hood and seeing how I go. This is really an experiment to see what results I get. The hood is covered in bird poo burn and numerous other stains, so... Let's get started 

Wish I only had to wash mine... Gotz to do a service :(

Also gotta service our suzuki :(

I think I did ok, given that I don't have power tools.

Oh and Trev...I *could* wash your car/s for some shekels. 

DSC_0430.JPG

DSC_0432.JPG

Edited by Manne
for some reason it keeps doubling the attatchments, no idea why.

nah. Those are rock chips. I probably removed the stains by 50% and on the right angles they're not noticeable. But they're still there.

I should mention the process I used was (in this order).

Wash --> Clay --> Cut --> Polish --> Wax, and then I sprayed some Maguires "quick detailer" on top.

It took roughly one hour, just on the Hood alone.

Edited by Manne