SAU Community

New Wasteland Wa Topic

Hattori Hanzo 69

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 30/10/2019 at 10:28 AM, z00key said:

What he means is Thanks bro but I got some but I appreciate you looking out 

Geez it's a bit lonely in here.  I'm on the P.C. I downloaded the tapatalk app for the android phone but it won't let me sign in or do anyting at all really. Any one else had the same issues?

26 minutes ago, Beyond Blue R33 said:

Geez it's a bit lonely in here.  I'm on the P.C. I downloaded the tapatalk app for the android phone but it won't let me sign in or do anyting at all really. Any one else had the same issues?

I think taoatalk is gone man

• 1 month later...

Crikey 70kg! Phil and I have two Huskies and the fat one is 25kg. 

I dropped by here the other day looking for an old video of driver training that I've lost and still recognised some names! 

I had to sell my car back in Feb 2016 due to bubs #1. Still miss that car ?

Sup everyone, yep still alive, who would have thought dad lyfe was so demanding lol, anyway I have a question I remember a while back there are a few guys here that ride bikes and am thinking to get myself a dirt bike, have about a budget of 2k, reckon that would get me something for a bit of casual fun, also anyone I can call on to help me inspect some bikes with as not ridden a bike in about 15 or more years, and I dont think that they are steam driven anymore ha ha, oh and if u have a bike am keen to go out riding to?

you missed me by about 18 months. Off the chook chasers now and on the road. Currently riding a Royal Enfield Interceptor, which is pretty fun.

For 2k what ever you end up with, its going to teach you a LOT about fixing bikes :P Avoid anything KTM (fantastic powerful bikes, fragile aF and will cost the earth to fix)

If you want to ride it to and from the bush, try not to go under 400cc.. Suzukis are good, DR-z400 and DR650 (if you dont mind it a bit agricultural) but goes forever. You just need to do a fair bit to them for the bush, so keep an eye out for ones with lots of bolt ons. The owner, he knows ;)

Or just get a postie bike, they are fkn hillarious fun, there is a whole world of bolt on bits available, and its got no clutch so you can teach your missus to ride it. 

Its ugly AF, but an absolute diamond in the rough, (soooooo much styling potential) but if I was going to buy another one, this is what I would look at first

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kelmscott/motorcycles/kawasaki-650/1238483936

WR's are good bikes,  but damn high maintenance to keep them running.  

They also don't have a cush drive in the back wheel,  so if you ride them on the road it destroys the gearbox pretty quick,  so I would avoid a motard  version like the plague. 

On 1/13/2020 at 6:03 PM, Stinky Rooster said:

you missed me by about 18 months. Off the chook chasers now and on the road. Currently riding a Royal Enfield Interceptor, which is pretty fun.

For 2k what ever you end up with, its going to teach you a LOT about fixing bikes :P Avoid anything KTM (fantastic powerful bikes, fragile aF and will cost the earth to fix)

But i have a KTM. 300exc, real widow maker. The new 350's are awesome bikes.

Stay away from anything honda, the older kawasakis are not too bad. i have always had 2 strokes, but have recently picked up a wr250f 4 stroke, for me being 100kg it struggles a bit.

Doing the same as Dale now and looking out for a Thruxton to ride on the road

@Stinky Rooster I never knew you were still kicking around on here. I just came for a quick interjection ..

There was an old Sci Fi book ( I mean way old ) where basically you could jack different "shards" I think they were called into your brain and suddenly you had a wealth of knowledge about a certain subject. 

I am currently preparing the block and cleaning out all the old shitty gasket crap , got 1/2 an idea what I am going but I just thought , what if you could just automatically be a guru at any given subject that's on hand? And no, I have not had any illicit substances or drank a bunch of booze lol

I just want to know how good the surface of the block needs to be to ensure the new head gasket has every chance of success.

Currently working on it gently with an angle grinder

J/K!