SAU Community

Living With An R33 Gtst

4 minutes ago, vxsr33 said:

The turbosmart fpr 1200's are around $270 on ebay, on top of the price of the s15 injectors. So wouldnt it just be easier and similiar price to get nismo 550s?

potentially, however I still prefer running aftermarket FPRs to reduce fuel pressure oscillating, unless you're on a r34 which has 2x dampers built in.

• 2 weeks later...

Did a 1500km road trip over the last weekend. Car performed flawlessly. The only thing is there was steering vibration which got quite bad while braking. Warped rotors I believe. Will be ordering new rotors/pads next week.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So as a quick thing, I installed new rotors and pads to the car. They are RDA slotted and dimpled rotors and Bendix GCT pads. Pretty good, not much noticeable difference when driving. You can hear the slots passing over the pads though as you drive.

Currently chasing a steering wobble issue......not sure what the issue is, going to book the car in for an inspection soon. 

Basically, the steering wobbles alot at high speed, it isnt balancing/allignment/warped rotors. It gets noticably worse when braking though...

17758250_10206416451725250_7758129585753879958_o.jpg

same discs i chose, though mine were the normal silver not dark. I went with Bendix HD pads. Cant say I ever heard a difference when driving though.

How are all your bushes/rubbers on the steering?

Mine started to develop a wobble under breaking and that was the issue.

oh PS. think i saw you driving down NE road the other week. car looks great =D

7 hours ago, Sklyn said:

same discs i chose, though mine were the normal silver not dark. I went with Bendix HD pads. Cant say I ever heard a difference when driving though.

How are all your bushes/rubbers on the steering?

Mine started to develop a wobble under breaking and that was the issue.

oh PS. think i saw you driving down NE road the other week. car looks great =D

The disks only have a coating on them so it gets rubbed off when braking. This is good because it remains coated on the other parts of the disks so they dont rust when washed....:6_smile:

Yeah possibly, I drive around alot in that area haha

7 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Bendix pads? jesus... they're horrible... every single one

Had bendix pads before, were pretty decent. Had no issues with them. The GCT's are also quiet so im happy.

2 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Decent? lol.. man they don't stop. I think you need to try brake pads like Intima, Project Mu, Hawk, etc. then you'll understand what I mean.

This is possibly the case haha I've always had bendix pads and they seem fine for normal use. Next time ill try some others out and feel the difference haha

6 hours ago, shubby0901 said:

This is possibly the case haha I've always had bendix pads and they seem fine for normal use. Next time ill try some others out and feel the difference haha

you might get an erection :)

there have been people on this very forum that have used bendix pads then blamed their braking system not being up to the task then shelling out hundreds for larger brakes for street use. Silly!

On 4/18/2017 at 5:21 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

you might get an erection

there have been people on this very forum that have used bendix pads then blamed their braking system not being up to the task then shelling out hundreds for larger brakes for street use. Silly!

Keen for this. Next time I'll check it.

Going back to pedders tomorrow for another check. See how many of the issues they told me about earlier have been fixed and how many are left/are new.

4 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Pedders will lie to you so you spend more money.

If you own a Nissan import, mandatory things to change are sub frame bushes, replace castor rods, delete HICAS and if money permits get are real diff

The report actually wasnt bad. They said PWsteering fluid leak which I know about, and rear sway bar links have perished.
They said the vibration is due to a flat spot in the wheels so I need to figure that out. Borrow rims from my mates S13 and test if the vibration is gone.

On 4/21/2017 at 9:44 AM, vxsr33 said:

For the power steering leak check all the hoses aren't lose and tighten them up.

Yeah the leak is from the joint where the hoses meet the reservoir. Need to see if I need to actually replace the hoses and if so how to do it/where to order from etc.

54 minutes ago, shubby0901 said:

Yeah the leak is from the joint where the hoses meet the reservoir. Need to see if I need to actually replace the hoses and if so how to do it/where to order from etc.

on my mates we just tightened up the clamp and problem solved

11 hours ago, shubby0901 said:

Factory hoses are shit and dry up over time. Mine are the same, it's probably worthwhile just changing them anyway :D 

Check wheel bearings for excessive play and or wheels for buckles...

My power steer hose weaps, I reckon the factory hose clamps are putting enough tension on the hose. Going to replace with normal worm drive ones when I can be bothered.