SAU Community

Living With An R33 Gtst

So, Returned to this happening to a parked car...someones backed into it and drove off.

Initial assessment of parts to be replaced:

• Front Bar
  • Headlight
  • Grill
  • Reo

...yay.....?

20181002_071946.jpg

Edited by shubby0901
Typos
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...

Car is all fixed...well cosmetically. Got the original front lip completely repaired so its in brand new condition! Gotta stay away from the kerbs now. 

Headlights are polished but still have marks, one of the lenses is cracked. Have people replaced headlight lenses? Is it easier to replace the full unit?

Also the actual lights arnt working. Hopefully just needs new globes...

20190220_084842.jpg

Edited by shubby0901

• 2 months later...

Slowly pulling the engine apart to get the fuel rail and injectors out...the car is running very rich so I want to get the injectors cleaned and flow tested...are there any stock bolt on replacements which people use?

This is what the car looks like at the moment...

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Its been too long since I've even looked at my baby...so yesterday I sent 2 full fuel rails with injectorsd for testing and a refurb of the 6 best injectors to make a set of good OEM injectors. They will be good till I get upgraded ones withc a tune...but first, some of the easy but essential things...this is step 1

• 1 month later...

After a heap of struggle, got the fuel rail and the car back together. Put 150km on it over the next couple of days.

For anyone who has issues with their cars running rich, I would highly recommend this. The smell of fuel (and actual fuel being shot out from the exhaust) has almost disappeared. The car revs much smoother.

A good cheap mod (is it a mod if its OEM part)! Now to think of the next thing.....

Old vs "new" rail...

spacer.png

Its just easier to get the bonnet off completely and work on the car...spacer.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Pulled her out of the garage last week, gave her a rinse and drove her abour 150km in one day....so much fun to drive.

Issue's do arise though, by the end of the day while driving home the indicators stopped working. Turning the hazards on still turns ythe indicators on, but using the stalk, nothing works....gotta pull it apart now...initial thoughts of comon problems?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey All,

I endedup just getting a stalk from a wrecked R33 and fitted it but same thing, no indicators. Next step is to trace the wiring to see where it has failed. Any ideas about other common failures?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Fixed up a couple of little niggly issues and installed a bright LED strip in the boot to replace the standard bulb...makes the car look way nicer and way more..european weirdly.

Currently lookong at headunits for the car. Debating between a Chinese branded Andrpid powered unit or a name brand Android Auto unit....

20200313_130842.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Working from home means small breaks are for working on the car...started to clean the engine bay, actually very surprised with the results!

This is my process:

Bowdens Orange Agent spray

$1 paint brush to scrub

Wet MicroFiber tower to clean up and let it air dry

Working pretty well. This will keep me busy until the parts I have ordered come in

91631762_282551729403045_4372784737534607360_n.jpg

92007757_799713857524857_803936659979632640_n.jpg

91860115_1094402354273088_3527842757764710400_n.jpg

91899080_2594091700836221_2560021445828673536_n.jpg

• Like 1

Working from home is annoying becauseyoure tempted to work on the cat but cant because you need to actually work...anyway snuck this in today. LED lights in the footwells. I did the same thing before aswell but it never worked properly...cheap LED strips also meant the adhesive died after a small amount of time. This time, decent strips with proper 3M Tape...its looking nice

Bits of the dash are out for a new headunit that is on its way but stuck somewhere due to COVID19....grrrr

20200409_152548.jpg

20200409_152537.jpg

13 hours ago, Milkmun said:

Good job man, been wanting to do this as well. What did you cut the power source into? 

I ran power from the dome lights, down inside the A-Pillar trim and then did the connections in the kick panel. It splits into 2 from there, one to power the driver side and one for the passenger side.

Working on a bigish project on the car right now...but waiting for some parts which have not arrived due to COVID. Who else is affected by this thing?

In the meantime, I bought some Stainless Bolts to try and see what I like the look of and am thinking of slowly replacing the bolts around the car

Thoughts? I am not sure if I like the socket head.. also needs washers...

20200418_012429.jpg

• Like 1

Been following the thread and love the car; have recently (Feb) purchased a 96 S2 in same the same colour. I have got the Type-M rear pods and side skirts, but I really want the front lip like yours, is it part of the front bar or a seperate piece? I see fibreglass ones for sale but I'm going to chase down an OEM plastic one. Car is looming great BTW, I'm doing similar stuff to mine i.e stock, OEM mods/replacements with a few subtle upgrades.