SAU Community

Living With An R33 Gtst

Yeah that's fair enough. I like the GTR wing because it looks more 'sporty'. Also its different, which I really like. Its a cool look which I wanted for the car. Now need to get the wheels done asap so I can move on to next bigger and better things.

• 3 weeks later...

Progress has been slow. Wheels still in the process, considering getting them powder coated as I dont seem to have time to ever paint them.

Ordered some new square plates so they fit better in the number plate slots on the bumper, excited for those.

Also working on a project with my Mechatronics engineer friend....well I can do the mechanical parts, need electrical help. Actual success will posted up here soon hopefully.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Weather has hampered any progress on the wheels. Uni assignments have stopped all progress on car.

I have however installed new LED revese lights, tried a few different types of bulbs but the results are below. A cheap and easy mod. The new lights are much brighter and look wayyy cooler.

Left is the old bulb, right is the new LED bulb.

20150908_211904_zpsctmb7vtq.jpg

Link of ebay ad:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/141630746334

Yeah that's fair enough. I like the GTR wing because it looks more 'sporty'. Also its different, which I really like. Its a cool look which I wanted for the car. Now need to get the wheels done asap so I can move on to next bigger and better things.

Its a good looking wing, looks like a aircraft wing or somthing when you looking back from the drivers seat, thats big improvement on the reverse lights :thumbsup: looks much sharper , i never even seen those lights til now.. :special:

Its a good looking wing, looks like a aircraft wing or somthing when you looking back from the drivers seat, thats big improvement on the reverse lights :thumbsup: looks much sharper , i never even seen those lights til now.. :special:

Yeah it looks good. It is somehow the perfect height to block headlights of cars behind me so that I dont get blinded by them.

Reverse lights look good, im interested to see how long they last being cheap ebay bulbs.

Started painting wheels finally. Should be done soon. Also partly installed a dashcam, just need to fix it to the screen.

Also got my Dashcam and installed it. Its the Mini 0805. I will upload a mini review soon. Hid the wires behind the a pillar trim and then behind the driver kickpanel.20150911_111707_zpsmofrjgoy.jpg

Edited by shubby0901
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished painting the rims. Got the tyres fitted up and wheels installed. I reckon it looks awesome. Ill try and get some photos in the day light and see if I can get the metallic to sparkle.

Hyped to finally get the wheels on....

20150921_162205_zpstnlopb8w.jpg

Time for a photoshoot with the car clean and shiny

_MG_2936_zpsi4r7chzo.jpg

Got the rears wrapped in Pirelli P1's, the fronts still have the older Nexen N6000 which I will change when they wear a bit more.

Time to think of the next project now.....

Edited by shubby0901

Looking heaps better i reckon, maybe needs work on the stance a little

Could do. I drive the car everyday to uni so I am very keen on making sure it is dailyable. Maybe needs a bit more lowering, king springs?

Yeah that would be cheapest way to do it, i actually got a full set you can have cheap if your interested... they'll make have the arch just over the tyres..

Just the springs cause the shocks are wasted.. post-70965-0-87793300-1443156325_thumb.jpg

Edited by AngryRB

Cheers for the offer but I think my next thing is an exhaust. Im trying to do some research about what to get, intrested in getting a Varex setup but not sure. Is anyone reading this running a varex? I would like to know your setup i.e. cat?, mid muffler?

Edited by shubby0901

Did a car service today. Changed oil, spark plugs and filters. I need to change my accessory belts too which I tried but without knowing what to do, was hesitant. Might look for someone who knows what to do and can teach me for next time.

Did a car service today. Changed oil, spark plugs and filters. I need to change my accessory belts too which I tried but without knowing what to do, was hesitant. Might look for someone who knows what to do and can teach me for next time.

Let me know how you go with the belts. Pretty easy but either the A/C or the P/S (I can't remember which one) is an absolute bitch. You have to get it from the side. I found it easier to unbolt the whole damn tensioner by itself

I ended up giving the belts a go. I was scared at the start cuz I couldnt get the fan off but it wasnt that hard. Ive typed up a DIY tutorial too, will upload it later as I couldnt find one for myself.

No more screeches...YAY!!

Let me know how you go with the belts. Pretty easy but either the A/C or the P/S (I can't remember which one) is an absolute bitch. You have to get it from the side. I found it easier to unbolt the whole damn tensioner by itself

The PS one I believe is the one which is from the side. Worst part is I dont have a ratchet spanner so the tensioner took about 20mins to tighten as the spanner would only turn 10 degrees or so everytime.... :glare:

Air-con one was easy since you can get to the tensioner from under the car.

The thread also has over 3000 views...that blows my mind. Thanks alot guys!

Edited by shubby0901

alot of people hiding in the shadows... lol... nice one with the belt changes, how do you decide how much is enough tension, thats always been a question in my mind, im sure it says in manual but its bit up to judgement ?

I read a while ago that you should just be able to twist the belt to 90 degrees. If it goes past that, then its too loose and if it doesn't reach that then its too tight. I'm not sure if this is correct but im sure someone will correct me if im wrong. Manual probably has numbers which you can measure using tools designed for it.

I also installed what they call "square" (they're still rectangular) plates here in SA. They look nicer and actually fit in the cut out of the stock bumpers designed for jap plates...looks wayyy better

Edited by shubby0901

• 2 weeks later...

Quick Review:

Pirelli P1 Tyres

Size: 245/35R19

After driving around with these tyres for a while (only on the rear wheels), I am very impressed. They have stupid amounts of grip, espcially compared to the old Nexen N6000 I had before. It is very hard to get these to spin, you have to have really high revs and then drop the clutch. This is in the dry of course. They are pretty quiet too. I have noticed a move in the road noise to the front of the car (older Nexen tyres).

They are reasonably priced too compared to others in the same range.

I am yet to see what the wear is like., will post again later.

Will highly recommend to others.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I got my headlights polished. They were really really bad and required some serious work.

I thought about doing it myself but decided it was not worth the risk.

So here are some before and after pics.

20151022_115758_zpsmcx2mf6u.jpg

After:

20151022_133728_zpsxij4gq51.jpg

Looks heappps better, totally worth it.

I seem to have reached the end of my exterior looks mods/repairs so now onto the performance of the car. About a week from now, it will be 1 year that I have had this car. Time to look for a cool as bday gift?

• Like 2