SAU Community

Living With An R33 Gtst

Took the car to Forge Performance, Adelaide for a few things. Fixed up a boost leak which was really really annoying. Figured out the manifold studs had snapped.

Also heres what the second Pedders report said needs to be fixed:

• Rear Sway Bar Links

Heres what Josh Forge showed me needed to be fixed:

• Tie Rod Ends
  • Castor Rod Bushes
  • Camber Arm Bushes
  • HICAS rear joints
  • Couple of other non-suspension things

The second set of things to fix also match up with the first Pedders report I got a few months ago.

Time to get to work...

• 4 weeks later...

No real updates yet with the car but here's a photo of how it sits at the moment...debating between working on this or selling it and getting something else.....

IMG_7159.jpg

• 1 month later...

Replaced power steering hoses with genuine ones today. Return hose, bottom clamp was a bitch to get off. Ended up just destroying it since I was replacing all the hose clamps anyway. Also did a full flush of the fluid, old fluid didn't look too bad though....hopefully no more leaks!

On 6/30/2017 at 1:27 AM, MagicPants said:

Don't sell man! I enjoy this thread and am picking up a silver s2 gtst next week emoji4.png

Also just out of interest, was your engine bay resprayed ? Either I'm blind or there's no blue build plate on the firewall

Awesome, you'll love it.

Engine bay not sure but there is a Silver plate on the driver side of the firewall that is completely faded. You can barely see the text on it, I need to get it sorted out.

Having fun driving the car in the rain, its so fun when the small slides kick in...

10 hours ago, shubby0901 said:

Having fun driving the car in the rain, its so fun when the small slides kick in...

be careful man, they slide easy enough in the dry. Would hate to see you end up like my original 33.. =(

I wasn't even being stupid, just a series of unfortunate circumstances.. No one to blame but myself though.

• 4 weeks later...

Bought myself a daily today...VF SV6 Wagon.

Skyline going to sit for a while and be worked on....a good day but a sad day nonetheless. Skyline is not gone, she's just resting for a while...

• 2 weeks later...

Drove the car after 2 weeks today....forgot how much fun it is to drive this thing...anyway it was washed, photographed and put back in the garage.

Debating between keeping it as is or continuing to work on it....

Anyone know of any good devices to put under the tires to stop flat spots forming?

IMG_9161.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2018 at 3:42 PM, Dan93 said:

Keep your tyres properly inflated. How long does it usually sit?

Yeah I keep the tyres inflated. It sits maximum 2 weeks without moving, I try to take it out as much as I can...trying to save some money before I start to do some more work on this

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I keep the tyres inflated. It sits maximum 2 weeks without moving, I try to take it out as much as I can...trying to save some money before I start to do some more work on this

Hey mate

I’ve found that if I’m not driving mine much I’ll start it twice a week just to make sure she turns over.

I’ll try take it out around the block but if time doesn’t permit then I run her for 5-10 mins. I’ve been stuck before wanting to go out and it doesn’t start because of a flat battery haha!

If it’s any longer than 2 weeks I’m not going to be driving it then I disconnect the battery

Good job getting that trickle charger tho....I need to get my hands on one of those

The tyres should be fine if they're just sitting for two weeks man.
You could have something draining the battery more than usual, mine used to sit for 2 weeks and then have a flat battery. I think it could be that :P

Ive had no issues with it sitting once I get it hooked upto the trickly charger. Took it out for a spin yesterday and it started a bit rough (forgot charger since last drive) but drove perfectly.

• 1 month later...

Took the car out after a week...was amazing to drive it again. Parked it and realized the brake lights are on...not sure how long I had been driving it with the brake lights permanently on, but drove it home and disconnected the switch.

Time to order a new switch!

You sure it's the switch? Mine did the same thing and realised the rubber pad that the switch touches had broken and come out. Now have a bolt in there instead.
Definitely check this. I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. The giveaway in my case were the fragments of old hardened rubber in the footwell.

5 hours ago, Robzilla32 said:
19 hours ago, klutched said:
You sure it's the switch? Mine did the same thing and realised the rubber pad that the switch touches had broken and come out. Now have a bolt in there instead.

Definitely check this. I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. The giveaway in my case were the fragments of old hardened rubber in the footwell.

I did have a look at this. I also tested it with the brake pedal depressed, and pushed the switch in and out manually, no change. Based on the setup, when the switch is pushed in, the lights should be off but when manually pressing the switch, they never switched off.

Its a cheap part, will try from a local Nissan Dealer otherwise order through Amayama.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Replaced the brake light switch with a new one and found the rubber grommet completely wrecked. TBH, this is suchh a stupid design.

Anyway, changed it with a bolt and lock nut so shouldn't have this problem again.

Pic: no switch installed...

20180421_112324.jpg

Edited by shubby0901
Update information