SAU Community

Living With An R33 Gtst

Looks a lot better! I've done my own and used a good quality plastic sealant on them - Hasn't returned for over 8 months now, It also makes it a breeze to get any bugs and dirt off the headlights too.

Your car looks very nice with the lights restored now

Looks a lot better! I've done my own and used a good quality plastic sealant on them - Hasn't returned for over 8 months now, It also makes it a breeze to get any bugs and dirt off the headlights too.

Your car looks very nice with the lights restored now

I thought about doing mine myself but then decided to get them done professionally. One of the lights has a crack and I was scared of making it worse. Hopefully the lights stay clean for a decent time.

About a week from now, it will be 1 year that I have had this car. Time to look for a cool as bday gift?

A set of carbon fiber wheel arch flares!!

I just happen to have a set for sale :yes:

Thanks for the offer but I think im done with the look of the car for a while. Just touch up the paint chips/scratches and it should be fine.

Im not looking at performance increases so exhaust and perhaps a boost controller.

Really tempted to go for a catback exhaust with a varex twin tip muffler...but that route is quite expensive compared to various other catback options.

Really tempted to go for a catback exhaust with a varex twin tip muffler...but that route is quite expensive compared to various other catback options.

If you can get your hands on a nismo exhaust, that will give a nice note without being Ott and breaking the bank.

Before you do power mods. Perhaps make sure your brakes are up to the task.

Definitely get a full exhaust system first though. :)

The car has new disks and pads, although I think the fronts need to be re-bed because they are still squeaky...and has had a full bleed and everything so it should be fine. I'm not chasing massive power, just something to play around with.

If you can get your hands on a nismo exhaust, that will give a nice note without being Ott and breaking the bank.

Yeah I have my eyes peeled for anything cool although im not a fan of the canon tips. The varex is expensive and I will spend some time saving up so who knows, something cool might come up.

Edited by shubby0901

Car had a thorough wash today to prepare for paint touch up. I had some paint colour matched and used a small brush to fill in all the small scratches and scrapes. Although not a proper fix, its better than nothing. The effectiveness of my paint skills will be seen in the morning when its all dry.

20151029_192857_zpsc6vw1rtv.jpg

Yesterday was 1 year of me owning the car. I had said 1 year I will drive the car as is, and so on its 1st anniversary with me, I bought a RB20 turbo. I've actually been looking for a RB20 turbo wastegate actuator but was unable to find one. I did however find a RB20 turbo with the actuator which I bought and removed the waste-gate from. Installation is easy but I need some new vaccum hose so off to the parts shop in the morning to grab some and finish the job.

Edited by shubby0901

Wait, so you're putting an rb20 turbo on?

Nope just replacing the RB25 waste-gate actuator with the RB20 one as it runs at a higher PSI. I will have to find something to do with the RB20 turbo, probably try to sell it.

Nope just replacing the RB25 waste-gate actuator with the RB20 one as it runs at a higher PSI. I will have to find something to do with the RB20 turbo, probably try to sell it.

I had this on my car, pretty decent to be honest. Just upgraded my turbo so I would have offered you my actuator if I knew you were looking

I had this on my car, pretty decent to be honest. Just upgraded my turbo so I would have offered you my actuator if I knew you were looking

Swap completed. Was easy, hardest part was finding the actuator.

Makes a significant difference, car is much faster when pedal to the metal. Definitely worth it.

If someone wants a RB20 turbo, no wastegate actuator, lemme know

Got rear ended today while on the way to work. Was a very low speed crash so damage is very minor, mainly scratches and small dents and the boot no longer lines up. but it is damage which now needs to be fixed. Thankfully, the guy at fault has insurance...

Edited by shubby0901

• 2 weeks later...

Car has been booked in to be repaired on the 23rd at the repairer of choice of the insurer. I have been told not to do anything with the car, not even wash it. So I am just leaving it as it is till it is fixed.....soooo its not getting much attention at the moment. Also exams coming up so don't have a lot of time.

On a side note, the insurer I am dealing with as a 3rd party is Youi. As of now, super impressed. Everything is quick and easy. Hopefully it stays this way.

Good to hear about youi cause i have insurance with them, make sure the gaps are good and they paint job isnt full of orange peel, both of which i've experienced which is annoying and shit to look at ...

Edited by AngryRB

Ive heard from alot of people the genuine ones perform better, besides i believe you cant really go wrong with genuine parts.

Also these were significantly cheaper than any splitfires I could find online and instore.

• Like 1