SAU Community

Is The Perth Jdm Scene Dead?

jjman

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of any perth based car events over the easter long weekend my partner is draging me out of kalgoolie.

Think there's one JDM meet up next weekend and cruise on Easter weekend , will keep you posted

Elle

Not dead - just different people looking for different things.

Being a "older" owner / hoon ;) I'm a little more particular.

There's a few of us on here who have been around since day 1 - going back to Skylines DownUnder days - circa 1999/2000.

I went to the Mustang car show at Wesley college a couple Sundays ago - with some beautiful Shelbys and Mustangs neatly parked up on the grass with plenty of people/families browsing around - talking with friendly owners. I would like to be involved in something quality like that. A well organised GTR/Skyline club - specific to us (not general JDM - just GTR/Skyline).

Have a yearly show and shine day - which we could use to collect toys / colouring in books / etc for kids at PMH.

I would like to see the group / club doing positive things.

Occasional track days, a nice hills run / coastal cruise here and there under a quality banner - something well run.

Not interested in hanging with keyboard warriors with shit buckets who's only interest is to go lapping or crappy cruises where everyone gets stickered.

Something alittle more "exclusive" - I would be happy to put my money and time into something like this.

I find myself just taking my GTR out on my own these days - with my boys strapped in enjoying life!

Keen to get something going if others who are like minded are interested...........

I'm on SAU everyday - love it - don't bother with any other forums anymore - just don't find much to do/read in WA section.

My 2c

Dan

• Like 2

Well said Dan,

I got mine in 02 but took a few years to find this gold mine. Love the idea of the skyline only part as I have much less interest in other makes.

Yearly show sounds good, unfortunately last show I went to (rising Sunday) heaps of people got stickered.

Few of us Wt regulars used to catch up for dinners or meet at events. I thoroughly enjoyed that. Unfortunately most are gone now,I'm trying to reach out to a few oldies to meet up again soon.

Happy to travel to Perth for decent events, even just watching.

Hope to see more people in the future and resurrect our club a bit.

Trev

• Like 2

Not interested in hanging with keyboard warriors with shit buckets

I'll let myself out :P

But seriously, your post sounds like it's on the money, that's definitely what SAUWA should be about. Who knows? Maybe one day I'll get myself another 34...

• Like 2

Think there's one JDM meet up next weekend and cruise on Easter weekend , will keep you posted

Elle

thanks for the reply im going to the motorplex friday night. There doesnt seem to be much on in perth over the easter weekend l.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing Elle. We are doing a Skyline maintenence day and meet and great. Hoists to work on your cars, BBQ and much more. If you want to get some jobs done on your cars, or an inspection please put your name down on the topic, we need participation for this to happen in the JDM scene.

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/463824-Sauwa-Maintenence-Day---Group-Meet

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We should fix that

would it be possible to have a facebook SAU that only posts events, meets, show etc (closed group)..... that are posted on the forum ( like a reblogger ) to extend a reach out to the JDM outer market

Just an idea

btw

i would love to go to show and shine as aside a cruise or track day as i would be embarrassed i dont have anything to go cruising in, apart jdm 4wd lol