SAU Community

Xr6 Turbo Love

Is he a wanker ?

It's quite possible. How many individual signs do you need to be able to make the determination? Let's count a few.

1. The pose.
  2. The pants.
  3. The shirt.
  4. The expression.
  5. The arm jewellery.
  6. The air horns (they ARE airhorns, right?)
  7. The ear jewellery (I know, right!)
  8. The JWB.

Any others?

I own S15 silvia with rb25det. Before looking into Silvias and Skylines I was thinking to buy a XR6T. I drove 3 different Falcons and they yeah, they are impressive cars when you compare them to its competition. They are better then 2005 Commondore SS, Toyota Camry Sportivo and such.

You can easily make 300kw+ with basic mods, injectors, intercooler, tune.

Big sedan is better daily driver.

My question is how many of you buy/build modified turbo car so you can commute to work and drive 20k a year? If everyone was using such cars as daily, average miliage on your Skylines would have been 300-400k in 2015. The main thing fun cars offer is fun and a different experience.

So I drove 3 Falcons and a number of JDM cars before making a decision. What I found was.

1. Skyline or Silvia with less power feels faster and more exciting then a Falcon. Lighter cars with more aggresive power curve always feel faster. In the same way as 300kw xr6t will feel faster then 300kw V8

2. You need to really push Falcon to get some excitement. Skyline, Silvia or WRX feel exciting on half a throttle.

3. Handling...........Falcon is closer to Camry then to any real sports car. In the past I thought handling is not important unless you on a racetrack. That's until I expirienced what good handling is. It feels fantastic even at 50km/h.

Yes, it takes some effort to make 250-300 kw in a JDM car. But such car feels terrifying compared to many much more powerfull cars.

After driving modified JDM car I was dissapointed in e46 M3 and in some other cars. Main problem was level of excitement. It is just not same.

Edited by denisonnd

LOL bungy jumping is even more terrifying

But is does not compare to a good car that feels like you expect it to

This is a car forum not a scooter forum

Nice troll attemt though

Speaking of Korean cars, maybe 200kw feels scary in Korean car. It's beside the point, S15 feels like better quality car then BF Falcon. FG Falcon feels more like a modern car.

Edited by denisonnd

Funny how someone started this topic on Skyline forum. It's something I've noticed before. You never see a rotary guys or skyline guys starting similar topic on V8 forum or BMW M3 forum.

Maybe because they really enjoy what they have. So there is no need to tell others that they are wrong about something.

Bungee jumping has better ground rush. Skydiving has better fun/$ and longer thrill factor.

I once drove the JMS S12 Silvia (Gazelle). 650HP FJ20. Used to lift the front left wheel 450mm up into the air - on the street. That was scary. A turbo 13B S1 RX7 was a similar sort of ride and equally scary. A 1000HP HKS engined Supra I drove didn't have the chassis flex of those two, but simply leaped into the future whilst leaving large portions of the tyres behind. That was the most scary.

Bungee jumping has better ground rush. Skydiving has better fun/$ and longer thrill factor.

I once drove the JMS S12 Silvia (Gazelle). 650HP FJ20. Used to lift the front left wheel 450mm up into the air - on the street. That was scary. A turbo 13B S1 RX7 was a similar sort of ride and equally scary. A 1000HP HKS engined Supra I drove didn't have the chassis flex of those two, but simply (leaped into the future) whilst leaving large portions of the tyres behind. That was the most scary.

You have a time machine?