SAU Community

Xr6 Turbo Love

Very apples and oranges, from an ex-F6 and gts4 owner. The XR turbo are ready to roll....(carry the family on long trips), boost etc, but despite good suspension make them boat like (due to the good but heavy sedan body). An r32 is a relic, one that you conquered (great combo using a responsive neo) but for a passionate driver, but the small nimble and agile r32, in need of the fettling and patience a now old car requires.....has rewards separate to a boat. You once posted about the joy of the hills, and Rolls you now post about boats, perhaps you will live up to your avatar name and a Rolls will be your next post such as a turbo Bentley.

Edited by DR 32R

Bungee jumping has better ground rush. Skydiving has better fun/$ and longer thrill factor.

I once drove the JMS S12 Silvia (Gazelle). 650HP FJ20. Used to lift the front left wheel 450mm up into the air - on the street. That was scary. A turbo 13B S1 RX7 was a similar sort of ride and equally scary. A 1000HP HKS engined Supra I drove didn't have the chassis flex of those two, but simply leaped into the future whilst leaving large portions of the tyres behind. That was the most scary.

lol 650hp... good ol allen engineerings guessimate engine dyno ...it made 250rwkw ...and that was on a good day...so maybe 450hp at the crank

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

lol 650hp... good ol allen engineerings guessimate engine dyno ...it made 250rwkw ...and that was on a good day...so maybe 450hp at the crank

cheers

darren

Maybe so. The number I was told back then was 650. I had vague memories of seeing it do well over 300rwkW on a chassis dyno, but as usual there was no way to know what settings were in use or where they were hiding the air temp sensor! It was still a scary thing to drive. Bloody loose.

Yeh was fast for the day!

I saw it make 240-250rwkw on many dynoes

tilbrooks always read the highest back then..

That turbo woudnt flow anywhere near 300rwkw

Was a dirty old t04e on it

From memory it made maybe low 500s something on allens engine dyno

cheers

darren

300 kilos is a lot 2 deal with when you're trying to carry corner speed skinny back tires lots of talk and too much power means your traction control is constantly cutting power or if you turn it off you will spin the tires and go slow, while we spin the tires and overtake you. Is only so much power a 245 tyre will take plus it's ugly as f**k but congratulations on the purchase

• 2 weeks later...

I havent really read the whole thread but with the Barras, once you go over 260rwkw you should look at upgrading the valve springs at a minimum.

Only on the BAs and Mk1 BFs, the rest all have upgraded valve springs from the factory that won't float until you get to 400rwkw

300 kilos is a lot 2 deal with when you're trying to carry corner speed skinny back tires lots of talk and too much power means your traction control is constantly cutting power or if you turn it off you will spin the tires and go slow, while we spin the tires and overtake you. Is only so much power a 245 tyre will take plus it's ugly as f**k but congratulations on the purchase

Well then it is lucky you can fit 18x305 in the stock guard with only rolling it, I have 265s which hook up in first with over 300rwkw. Never turn traction control on unless it is wet and I don't have any issues.

Edited by Rolls

Only on the BAs and Mk1 BFs, the rest all have upgraded valve springs from the factory that won't float until you get to 400rwkw

Well then it is lucky you can fit 18x305 in the stock guard with only rolling it, I have 265s which hook up in first with over 300rwkw. Never turn traction control on unless it is wet and I don't have any issues.

305 on the rear?

that won't stop your front end from running wide. do they fit on the front too?

More like the later BF models through to FG models got the F6 engine.

Still the valve springs are fit and miss.....even FG owners are upgrading springs to go over 300Kw.

305 on the rear?

that won't stop your front end from running wide. do they fit on the front too?

I've found a 245f and 265r to give neutral handling, you can get a 265 on the front but you end up with the rims out the guard and it looks pretty silly.