SAU Community

370 Gt Exhaust

Are V36s true dual exhausts? If not these won't fit.

Depends what (if anything) is actually in those resonators. Generally speaking deleting the rear stock exhaust section makes V's sound VERY loud and obnoxious. But for that price and an hours labour it is worth the punt imho (if they actually fit).

Never heard one. I personally have a Meagan Racing muffler on mine. About double the cost but it sounds really nice without being obnoxious.

Just the muffler or with the dual exhaust? Where did you buy it, overseas or some local shops?

Thanks mate

Are V36s true dual exhausts? If not these won't fit.

Depends what (if anything) is actually in those resonators. Generally speaking deleting the rear stock exhaust section makes V's sound VERY loud and obnoxious. But for that price and an hours labour it is worth the punt imho (if they actually fit).

Yes.. stock is dual exhaust.. I am just worried with the exhaust change will make the sound harsh or have too much of the metallic note/noise.

I have the same megan racing off ebay a couple years ago. Sounds great but you do get abit metalic noise/raspy when the car is cold. Once the car is warmed up working at its normal temp it's perfect. Also check out invidia or advices from any exhaust shop, you want something that you can live with.

I have an axle back Fujistubo on mine which came with the car from Japan (I think its a legalis-R but I have not been able to find one sold only as an axle back). The rest of the exhaust is stock. Sound is perfect for my needs, slight bark when car first kicks over when cold, which balances out to a subtle V6 rumble. The rest of the time the exhaust sound is very composed, not too loud and barely noticeable especially cruising at highway speeds. Things start to get a little more aggressive in terms of sound at 4.5k - 5k rpm and above.

Edited by Bliksem

I have an axle back Fujistubo on mine which came with the car from Japan (I think its a legalis-R but I have not been able to find one sold only as an axle back). The rest of the exhaust is stock. Sound is perfect for my needs, slight bark when car first kicks over when cold, which balances out to a subtle V6 rumble. The rest of the time the exhaust sound is very composed, not too loud and barely noticeable especially cruising at highway speeds. Things start to get a little more aggressive in terms of sound at 4.5k - 5k rpm and above.

Thanks for sharing this.. If the axle back exhaust sounds bad, possible to change it back to stock?

Just the muffler or with the dual exhaust? Where did you buy it, overseas or some local shops?

Thanks mate

I only changed the muffler, or as they call it, the axle back exhaust. The stock pipes are just fine as they are and even my exhaust guy encouraged me to stick with them. I bought it from a performance shop in the US back in 2012. Took them a few months to get it out to me but I was overseas for all that time so it wasn't an issue and it was the cheapest I found at the time.