SAU Community

370gt Coupe Questions

Hi guys,

These are probably questions that have been answered before, but I can't find them.

I'm looking at importing a 370GT SP and was wondering:

1. How easy is it to service and source parts for? Costly?

2. Is there an anchor point for a baby seat? NOT keen on a sedan.

Thanks so much for your help!

Nod

1. Not too hard. For what its worth the 370GT is the same as the infiniti G37S which is sold in Australia and the USA. The 370GT also shares the same engine and driveline as the 370Z so another plus there. The in car entertainment is the biggest difference as its a japanese system (note: this can be changed to english for approx $2.5k) so if this ever has issues it would probably mean sourcing spares from an importer at this point in time.

2. Yes although I dont know what sort as I havent had to worry about a baby seat yet. I have seen some posts around about the anchor point needing am adaptor?? Someone else should be able to answer this with more info.

• Like 2

I don't think it would get through compliance without baby seat anchor points. The V35 sedan needed a centre rear anchor point installed at compliance.

I can't imagine it will be easy to get a baby in and out of the back of a coupe though, but if it is important enough to have a coupe, I guess you will cope.

kids and a two door coupe don't mix. been there done that :P and i think my 370gt coupe would be a big pain in the arse to get kids in and out of a car seat than the two ndoor I had when my kids where young.

I don't think it would get through compliance without baby seat anchor points. The V35 sedan needed a centre rear anchor point installed at compliance.

I can't imagine it will be easy to get a baby in and out of the back of a coupe though, but if it is important enough to have a coupe, I guess you will cope.

Thanks guys :)

The GT will be my work car (the 2nd car). I just wanted to make sure for the odd occasion that I'll need to pick Little Miss up from pre school.

1. Not too hard. For what its worth the 370GT is the same as the infiniti G37S which is sold in Australia and the USA. The 370GT also shares the same engine and driveline as the 370Z so another plus there. The in car entertainment is the biggest difference as its a japanese system (note: this can be changed to english for approx $2.5k) so if this ever has issues it would probably mean sourcing spares from an importer at this point in time.

2. Yes although I dont know what sort as I havent had to worry about a baby seat yet. I have seen some posts around about the anchor point needing am adaptor?? Someone else should be able to answer this with more info.

Thanks for your help!!

Any idea of suppliers in Sydney and surrounds who do the conversion? Will the conversion mean GPS, radio and cameras will all still be functional with the 2.5K price tag?

re 2. No adaptations required for baby seats, and it has two anchor points. I have even had two set up in mine for the occasional family drive (both forward-facing seats). A slight pain being a two-door, but overall no drama.

Sure, you need to Contact Nagoya Motors in Sydney. Pretty sure everything is functional aside from the Japanese voice. As I understand it the GPS has an english voice though...

Too easy!

re 2. No adaptations required for baby seats, and it has two anchor points. I have even had two set up in mine for the occasional family drive (both forward-facing seats). A slight pain being a two-door, but overall no drama.

That's good to hear, cheers!

As long as the kidlet is sitting in a seat, they are fine. My daughter is now 5 and she has been in the back of my 370GT Coupe for over 2 years. Make it work!!!

Certainly keen to make it work, it's just so much more appealing to me @ 25 y/o. If I were mid 30's I'd probably go the sedan but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it :)

Certainly keen to make it work, it's just so much more appealing to me @ 25 y/o. If I were mid 30's I'd probably go the sedan but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it :)

Hah! I went the reverse - from a '92 J30 Maxima for nearly 17 years until the V36 coupe took its place when I was 35. :P

• Like 1

Hah! I went the reverse - from a '92 J30 Maxima for nearly 17 years until the V36 coupe took its place when I was 35. :P

:) I had a '93 J30 for 13 years.. but only changed to a V35 6MT sedan at 37 :).. now the kids are old enough to get themselves in and out of the car, I probably would go with a coupe if I could get a reasonable figure for my sedan.

As for the OPs choice.. go for the coupe.. one day practicality will take a higher priority like it did for me.. until then.. enjoy it!

Edited by sonicii
  • Like 1

:) I had a '93 J30 for 13 years.. but only changed to a V35 6MT sedan at 37 :).. now the kids are old enough to get themselves in and out of the car, I probably would go with a coupe if I could get a reasonable figure for my sedan.

As for the OPs choice.. go for the coupe.. one day practicality will take a higher priority like it did for me.. until then.. enjoy it!

My thoughts exactly :P