SAU Community

Replacement For 370gt Windscreen Wipers ?

I have a 2008 370gt needing its windscreen wipers replaced.

Having followed the G37 US forum figured the sizing was 26" and 17" length wipers.

Has anyone found any wipers that fit the coupe locally instead of buying online, reluctant to ship a set of Bosch Icon's from the states as it will cost close to $100 AUD unless there is nothing I can buy locally.

You Guys should take a serious look at yourselves.

How dare someone come here & ask a serious question, that he has obviously already looked into.

I guess for some, the idea of coming to a Forum to find info they are struggling with deserves Moronic reply's.

Doesn't exactly create a friendly environment now does it..

You'd be surprised that there are a lot of people who never looked into anything before posting. Now saying OP did it. And your responds isn't helpful either.

Anyway I personally order mine from UK. Wiperblades.co.uk

Reason being the Bosch ones I can get from there lasts me a year to 18 months before it starts streaking. Wiper blades that I can get in Perth so far doesn't last me very long. And they aren't too cheap either. I bought two sets (Bosch Aerotwin), one for v35 one for v36 and I paid around $50 for each set. I paid around the same for a locally sourced set. So it's really up to you where you want to buy them from and the quality of what you want to pay for.

Usa is cheaper but the postage seems to be overkill. UK more expensive per item but postage is cheaper. UK overall comes to be cheaper for me.

• Like 1

So, have you tried going to a shop?

Seriously.

There's a few threads if guys trying to find roof racks for stageas, and struggling.

One trip to a shop and bang, you have roof racks. I wonder if it's the same here..

I'll add a smile to show I am friendly :)

• Like 2

How dare someone come here & ask a serious question, that he has obviously already looked into.

I guess for some, the idea of coming to a Forum to find info they are struggling with deserves Moronic reply's.

No, you need to understand how things used to work back in the old days before this gosh darned internet came about:

1) Find phone book

2) Make phone calls to local suppliers

3) If suppliers did not have, ask them if they knew of anyone else who might

4) If no supplier available, look to the dealerships, who would certainly have them

Notice how it always required the person looking for the stuff to actually do the legwork and it didn't take much. It was called initiative. I seriously doubt the OP even bothered to do any hunting locally beyond maybe all he could find on Google's results for online shops. Auto parts stores, by and large, still live in the dark ages in that regard and the only way to find out if they have such products is to call them, just like the good old days.

You want a friendly environment? Show me that you can feed yourself and don't need me to chew it for you and spit it down your throat like an infant bird. I don't equate friendly with laziness.

Edit: I forgot to add, the word is "replies", not "reply's". No such thing.

Edited by The Max
  • Like 2

What's so special about V36 wipers? Unless they are somehow unusual, can't you just head down to autobarn/supercheap/repco and buy the right wiper blade width, trim the length to suit and install them?

No, you need to understand how things used to work back in the old days before this gosh darned internet came about:

1) Find phone book

2) Make phone calls to local suppliers

3) If suppliers did not have, ask them if they knew of anyone else who might

4) If no supplier available, look to the dealerships, who would certainly have them

Notice how it always required the person looking for the stuff to actually do the legwork and it didn't take much. It was called initiative. I seriously doubt the OP even bothered to do any hunting locally beyond maybe all he could find on Google's results for online shops. Auto parts stores, by and large, still live in the dark ages in that regard and the only way to find out if they have such products is to call them, just like the good old days.

You want a friendly environment? Show me that you can feed yourself and don't need me to chew it for you and spit it down your throat like an infant bird. I don't equate friendly with laziness.

Edit: I forgot to add, the word is "replies", not "reply's". No such thing.

Mate, i'm in my 50's & am well aware of the days before the "gosh darned internet" as you put it was around.

I've also been on here for 12 years & am well aware of how forums work.

Whats wrong with a bit of common courtesy?

The OP imo wasn't asking to be spoon fed, he just asked a simple question.

The way he was responded to is FKN keyboard warrior syndrome.

& as for your smart arse chip on my spelling of reply's, you can kiss my arse. I'll spell it how the f**k I want..

Man you are super touchy (and wrong) if you think my question was being a keyboard warrior!

What's so special about the wipers?

Someone please tell me.

• Like 1

as for your smart arse chip on my spelling of reply's, you can kiss my arse. I'll spell it how the f**k I want..

I have got no problem with your spelling, your strange use of capital letters puzzles me!

Another smiley to show I am friendly :)

• Like 1

But like seriously suitable wiper blades are probably sitting in supercheap auto right now.

• Like 1

What's so special about V36 wipers? Unless they are somehow unusual, can't you just head down to autobarn/supercheap/repco and buy the right wiper blade width, trim the length to suit and install them?

this. they are probably the standard 6mm metal backed inserts - measure them up, buy slightly longer and trim to size, easy as that, 25 bucks max for a pair. Replacing the entire assembly is pointless unless its worn out and loose, unlikely on a V36

Obviously?? I am not sure how it is that obvious from the OP's post??

Anyway.. as a V36 owner, perhaps you can tell us what is special about the wipers that prevents an off the shelf item at any auto supplier fitting?

• Like 2

Mate, i'm in my 50's & am well aware of the days before the "gosh darned internet" as you put it was around.

Excellent. So you understand how society has become too lazy to do some legwork of their own for something so simple and let's face it, generic. It's not like V36 has a funky windscreen which demands a special rubber compound for cleaning the glass.

I've also been on here for 12 years & am well aware of how forums work.

Excellent. So you've seen the degradation of people's intelligence over the course of time.

Whats wrong with a bit of common courtesy?

The OP imo wasn't asking to be spoon fed, he just asked a simple question.

It's there for those who deserve it. If the OP asked what brands we preferred to use, that would be a different story - much like asking what is the preferred brand of headlamps or petrol. But this was more the equivalent of asking for a local supplier of petrol.

The way he was responded to is FKN keyboard warrior syndrome.

I wouldn't need a keyboard to ask the same question Ben did.

& as for your smart arse chip on my spelling of reply's, you can kiss my arse. I'll spell it how the f**k I want..

It was a "quip", not a "chip". At least you spelled "arse" correctly. Still, that last part, sort of tells me you're not really in your 50s. Spell it however you like but always know you're still wrong. ;)

• Like 1

Excellent. So you understand how society has become too lazy to do some legwork of their own for something so simple and let's face it, generic. It's not like V36 has a funky windscreen which demands a special rubber compound for cleaning the glass.

Excellent. So you've seen the degradation of people's intelligence over the course of time.

It's there for those who deserve it. If the OP asked what brands we preferred to use, that would be a different story - much like asking what is the preferred brand of headlamps or petrol. But this was more the equivalent of asking for a local supplier of petrol.

I wouldn't need a keyboard to ask the same question Ben did.

It was a "quip", not a "chip". At least you spelled "arse" correctly. Still, that last part, sort of tells me you're not really in your 50s. Spell it however you like but always know you're still wrong. ;)

Maybe he is in his 50s...just really vulgar...who knows.

Man you are super touchy (and wrong) if you think my question was being a keyboard warrior!

What's so special about the wipers?

Someone please tell me.

Nothing special. Any wipers with right length will do. At least the OP did his own research into what length he needed.

Funny thing about his post is that he even found a set that he liked from the US but didn't want to get it due to cost. And he couldn't just find it at his local shops.

Maybe he is in his 50s...just really vulgar...who knows.

I'm infamous for my vulgarity but I always ensure I spell my vulgarities correctly. :P

Edited by The Max

They do have the wierd offset mount thing...

But it is a standard mount, so I just popped down to Super Cheap and got a set of their more expensive blades with the correct, but not offset, mounts, popped them in and away I went.. That was a year ago now...