SAU Community

Replacement For 370gt Windscreen Wipers ?

Max, I called you an arsehole because you were rude & arrogant.

your post consisted of a collection of condescending assumptions about the op.

Thinly veiled insults to myself & then finished by singling out a grammatical error on my behalf in an attempt to belittle me.

May I ask your motivation for this, were you trying to demonstrate to everyone here your superior grasp of the English language, or indeed simply being as I so immaturely put it, an arsehole?

You want a friendly environment? Show me that you can feed yourself and don't need me to chew it for you and spit it down your throat like an infant bird. I don't equate friendly with laziness.

It seems to me it would be fairly hard to meet your varied demands with just a single post containing a question. Who knows, maybe a second post would have gotten him/her across the line with you.

Without knowing the op's personal situation all you are doing is jumping to baseless conclusions.

Some of us prefer to teach people a little about self-sufficiency (or self-virtuosity as one of my lecturers called it in engineering).

So this is the justification for your abhorrent behavior, you thought you'd teach the op a lesson for his/her own good.

So, let's just agree that you think Ben and I are arseholes, while I think that you and mycarhaspossessedme need to come out of your bubble of sensitivity and give people that nudge in the right direction

Your incorrect, I never called Ben an arsehole, that was directed firmly & squarely at you only & I do apologize for my immaturity & vulgarness :yes: now that was for Ben.

I assure you I do not live in a bubble of sensitivity, quite the opposite actually.

I find it quite interesting that people full of their own self importance see themselves as being responsible to, as you put it, "Give people that nudge in the right direction", its a great universal banner to put over pretty much any insults you dish out & quite a common theme among certain personality types.

Look, I'll make it easy for you.

You are important,

You are intelligent

People should seek your approval

You wield a very powerful sword here on SAU.

Now, please I beg you, try to show just a little patience with newbie posters.

Who knows, you could turn out to be great friends.

• Like 1

...Maybe your lesson in mastery could be to let the posts go rather than commenting negatively. You both appear to be intelligent men; which makes me wonder why you bother writing the stuff you have in the first place.

But yes, let's agree to disagree and hopefully we see the validity in each other's arguments.

Well said.

Edited by Sikahalv

I purchased replacement wiper blades from Autobarn and while they work just fine, the mounting clip on the driver's side is reversed and offsets the wiper slightly from it's original position. No biggie, but there it is.

I hope my post has not offended anyone...

• Like 2

May I ask your motivation for this, were you trying to demonstrate to everyone here your superior grasp of the English language, or indeed simply being as I so immaturely put it, an arsehole?

I'm simply a grammar Nazi. I do it to absolutely everyone all because I value the importance of good communication skills and I believe it's dwindling over time, which genuinely concerns me. If that leaves you feeling I'm trying to demonstrate some kind of superiority, well, that's your opinion.

It seems to me it would be fairly hard to meet your varied demands... Without knowing the op's personal situation all you are doing is jumping to baseless conclusions.

What personal situation prevents someone from walking into a shop? I'm not all that difficult. You just believe it to be the case.

So this is the justification for your abhorrent behavior, you thought you'd teach the op a lesson for his/her own good.

As above, yes. If that's abhorrent behaviour, then so be it so long as something good comes out of it.

Your incorrect

"You're"

I find it quite interesting that people full of their own self importance see themselves as being responsible to, as you put it, "Give people that nudge in the right direction", its a great universal banner to put over pretty much any insults you dish out & quite a common theme among certain personality types.

If my efforts are insulting rather than inspiring in any way, that's the other individual's problem. I don't believe I have a sledgehammer approach but I don't sugarcoat anything either. Seems to be all the rage these days, being sensitive and politically correct. Don't like it? Harden up a little. You must've hated your stern teachers in school.

Look, I'll make it easy for you.

You are important,

Just another contributor in the world.

You are intelligent

Simply passing on knowledge as humans have done over several millennia.

People should seek your approval

People should seek what humans have always sought for through the course of evolution - skills, knowledge and common sense.

You wield a very powerful sword here on SAU.

No dirty talk, please.

Now, please I beg you, try to show just a little patience with newbie posters.

Who knows, you could turn out to be great friends.

Goes against what I've been arguing this time. Besides which, I have plenty friends.

• Like 1

Wow, this thread has turned into a personal growth thread!

We can all get something out of it..

Here's another story.

Yesterday, whilst at work so it technically not my time I was wasting, I was googling away to find part numbers for diff axle seals ( for another car).

Couldn't find the side seals in non genuine , only for the pinion. Genuine prices were silly. Went to shop to buy pinion seal, had a brainwave. Asked guy about side seals. He looks in his book and I buy them 30 seconds later. Spent way more time than that looking for the numbers myself for no benefit at all.

Need simple car stuff. Just go to a shop and ask them!

Tonnes easier to just pull out your phone and create a thread on a forum though. Instead of using said phone to, y'know, search.

He did search.

Wouldn't call signing up to a forum 'tonnes easier'

Heheh. Yep. Good to see someone actually read Ben's story. :P

Hehehehehe. [emoji38][emoji38][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Oh stop it!

• Like 1

He did search.

Wouldn't call signing up to a forum 'tonnes easier'

It was a generalised statement of the trend these days. Posters (on forums and Facebook), regardless of age, seem to have become quite lazy over the years.

SAU is a good example of this. Lots of new threads with easily answerable questions if searched beforehand. The time it took for them to sign up (no problems with that) and create a new thread, they could have Googled/Binged/Duckduckgoed the answer(s).

BTW I didn't read the 'heated exchanges', I just thought "fight fight fight" :P.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Apologies for the thread resurrection but I thought I'd offer a little insight as it hasn't been mentioned here before.

I read through a number of reviews and forums that the Bosch Icon and Aerotwin are two different beasts, with the Icon being the better one, particularly for longevity. Only thing is, it seems to be exclusively a North American product.

The problem with that, if it is an actual problem, is that the aerodynamic profile will sit upside down on our vehicles.

So, in the name of science, I bought a 24A and 17B for mine off eBay and mounted them today with that expected upside down result.

Now to wait for rain during a high speed drive to see if that will be to my detriment or not.

To be fair, my OEM ones have lasted for five years. I can't really complain but then again, that's largely because it's off the road around five months in every 1.5 years. Still, if the rubber can last even longer, why not?

Like I said, this is in the name of science. If they give me the same longevity, then I won't bother importing in future, depending on what changes with the product in another five years' time. :)

Needle nose pliers to pull the old ones out and the new ones just slid in - the end of the wiper assemblies are bendy (for me) and got far enough out of the way for me to get the steel bars slotted in... After that it was just sliding them fully in

Cheer s-N

Nice. Looking at mine, which I'm guessing are still OEM, the rubber surround felt too fragile for that.

Just threw on a set of Trico Ultra blades on the shitbox BA Falcon. Not bad but they're no Bosch Icon. Those passed the high speed test last night on the freeway. I might still flip the housings around eventually, just because of my OCD.

• 1 year later...

Well, since you brought it up, I'll update my post about the Bosch Icon blade I imported from the US. I haven't bothered to reverse the housings. I've left them as is and they're doing great after two years. When the time comes, screw OEM, I'm sticking with Bosch Icon.