SAU Community

V35/v36 Japanese To English Conversion

V35

All computers apart from the ones with Bluetooth

V36 and others

Menu/Full FM radio and GPS on 2010 onwards Skylines, all crossovers and e52 Elgrand. Anything with USB late generation

Hey guys!

So, I've been doing so research on and off the internet regarding the V35 and came across someone who is willing to do the Japanese to English conversion. I've seen the menu's in person as well!

His name is Alex from Nagoya Motors in Caringbah, Sydney, NSW. Tell him Vik sent you and he will take care of it. Also, you will need to leave the car with him for about 4 hours, and he will give you a loan car as well!

0422 524 277

I messaged him this morning to confirm the price and $550 is what he confirmed. [emoji16] Hope this helps!post-46821-14350976963785_thumb.jpg

There's apparently a guy in Akl that can do this as well, but it didn't att NZ maps, and the price was about 50% more than your suggestion there.

I am in Christchurch so would be very happy if there was someone down here that could do it for ~$700NZD (including nav)

Cheers - N

Darn so he can't do anything for 2007-2009 V36?

he can, last time i checked it was 2-2.5k for a full English + AUS maps conversion

he can, last time i checked it was 2-2.5k for a full English + AUS maps conversion

I think that was for the russian guys. I just texted Alex and he said he is still trying to come up with something for the 2007-2009 cars which will require some hardware changes. At this point of time he doesn't know how much it'll cost or when they will have a product.

Contacted him as well. For a V36 2010+ model, cost of conversion is $2200 GST inclusive. If you can't bring the car in, he said: we can remove and send the navigation block to him and he will send it back the next business day. Very tempting !

Edited by Dog with Bone

personally i don't think the price is outrageous

it's like adding sat-nav to a brand new car (give or take few hundred bucks)

i just happened to purchase a 370GT pre-installed instead of the 350GT still in japanese

I dont think its outrageous but I didnt install it on mine when the guys from Xanavi came to WA cause I hardly ever use sat-nav. Very worth while for the V36 Gen 1 guys since they will swap the screen and back end to the newer hardware too

Edited by colin.ssc

PM sent Brad.

If you know someone who can do it cheaper guys please let me know. This mod isn't at the top of my list, but it would be nice.

Cheers,

Vik.

Sounds very much like this is a well understood process now, but that it requires some special tools (I presume a consult 3+ or similar) and a unicorn horn image/DVD...

Do you gents know of anyone in NZ doing the same thing apart from the one guy in Auckland that wanted $1000NZD to convert a J50 Crossover (2010 V36 equivalent with USB not CF card). I presume he's using the Aussie image since he said the NAV didn't work for NZ.

Cheers - N