SAU Community

V35/v36 Japanese To English Conversion

22 hours ago, jimmyp said:

hiya jimmy here i have a 2009 nissan 370gt looking for way to change from japanese to english any ideas 

Please click the link below.

• 1 year later...

Anyone know someone that can covert the screen to English in Melbourne? For a v35? Why can’t the Japanese just tell us exactly how to do this conversion  as after all we are buying there products???

57 minutes ago, Jc$ said:

Anyone know someone that can covert the screen to English in Melbourne? For a v35? Why can’t the Japanese just tell us exactly how to do this conversion  as after all we are buying there products???

The Japanese what? People in general or Nissan Japan?

Here's a hint, Nissan Japan couldn't give a crap about the second hand cars that are exported from Japan, and would barely if at care about the second hand cars in Japan. You buying it in Australia means nothing to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jc$ said:

If people all import their vehicles from Japan instead of buying from the local supply chain, that hurts their international operations considerably. In turn, that costs jobs here in Australia and everywhere else. What seems like a simple language change to you or I, really becomes a problem for all concerned along the line. So, manufacturers of various products have their domestic product and support it domestically only.

As Ben said, when that Japanese domestic product leaves their shores, it's really not their problem any longer. It's not like you had any business with them if you were to never buy another secondhand Nissan ever again. Would it be nice if Nissan had multiple selectable languages in these systems? Sure. Would it be feasible? Definitely. Would it actually be used in a country whose 99.9% proportion of users are Japanese? Not likely, so they don't bother and that's fair enough.

When I bought my V36, I knew this was going to be an issue and I worked out my own Infotainment system to augment it. Time to get creative and/or resourceful, dude.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 26/06/2015 at 7:56 PM, Tommy Kaira RL said:

I think a guy named Jason Quigg is doing the Melbourne installs.

Nigel Danson in Perth.

I do the ones in Adelaide.

No one in Qld at this stage.

hey mate i bought a v35 2001 import the other day as my first car and am looking at getting it converted im located in melbourne are you able to help me out or point me in the right direction for finding someone who does the conversion in melbourne thanks :)

On 07/08/2020 at 4:20 PM, masonw049 said:

hey mate i bought a v35 2001 import the other day as my first car and am looking at getting it converted im located in melbourne are you able to help me out or point me in the right direction for finding someone who does the conversion in melbourne thanks :)

I dont know if anyone does it anymore.i gave it up because 90% of them were that old they wouldnt download or chew my disk.

• 1 year later...
On 8/13/2020 at 9:05 PM, Tommy Kaira RL said:

I dont know if anyone does it anymore.i gave it up because 90% of them were that old they wouldnt download or chew my disk.

Hi mate just checking  ..  have you ever attempted a language conversion from Jap to English on 2005 series 2 skyline sat navs  ?

On 3/16/2022 at 10:10 PM, Package said:

Hi mate just checking  ..  have you ever attempted a language conversion from Jap to English on 2005 series 2 skyline sat navs  ?

I did not go for sat nav, as my Android device has sat nav that will always supersede in car nav in MANY ways; traffic, live construction, breakdowns,  speed cams inc mobile etc etc etc. I got the center computer (middle of dash) converted to English, less sat nav and the toll stuff, and it was less than $300. Mines a 2008 370GT, V36

I think the following link will help you get some info to go down the other path.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AloisXanavi/search?query=370gt