SAU Community

Series 2 Tv Tuner

tomo123

Who do I go to for a tv tuner to suit my series 2 PM35 stagea? I saw an older thread about a group buy for tuners but is anyone currently selling one?

I got a tuner off ebay. The sellers claimed it would still have reception @ 160km/h+.

It struggles at 40-60km/h let alone 160km/h, its like joshm35 said, picture freezes and you lose reception.

Problem is you can tune it in @ one location, then as you drive you lose the signal.

But i didnt get it soley for the tv. I got one with a usb input, plugged in a 32gb flashdrive, so then I could use it as my media player, playing my music (cd player died a couple of years ago) and movies for the little one.

We must be lucky in Adelaide I can drive from north to south with no problems. We can see the Tv transmission towers from Mt Lofty just about anywhere in Adelaide. It helps if you have line of sight. I aldo got it for the usb and play a hard drive full of kids movies. Plus it has 3 video outputs. Which Ive connected to dual monitor headrests.

Keeps the kids from fighting in the back seat.

• Like 1

You can get a double din unit these days with hd tv tuner built in for practically similar pricing and less effort to install. Just earth the brake wire.

Whilst this is true, running the tuner in the back means you can connect straight up to the built in antennas. The aftermarket antennas are unsightly & don't work quite as well imo.

I also use my tuner to display the reverse camera, which is handy & worth having it even if I didn't use the TV function.

In the hilly areas where live I get a reasonable picture on the move (channel dependent), but it's not the ideal long drive entertainment source for passengers due to reasons already stated. Use DVDs or USB etc & leave TV for when you're parked waiting for the missus to finish shopping.

• 2 years later...
On 28/06/2015 at 7:25 PM, Commsman said:

I also use my tuner to display the reverse camera, which is handy & worth having it even if I didn't use the TV function.

This is the main thing I want!