• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Burger

Warning About Tokyo Prestige (adelaide)

• Share this topic

19 posts in this topic

Just a warning to fellow SAU members about Tokyo Prestige Imports in Mount Barker.

Tokyo Prestige (http://www.tokyoprestige.com.au)

Looks like they've been caught winding back K's on some cars like a 350GT, 250RX Stagea, and a Toyota Caldina.

Link to them being caught by a Japanese history checker page: Here

Link to same car on Gumtree: Here

Looks like the K's have been put back on the ad now (they must have seen the post), but the ad has been there for weeks, and was only edited yesterday (3rd) to change the mileage back.

Was thinking about buying a car from them, definitely staying well away from them now. Guess I'll go with J-Spec.

6 people like this

Good on you for putting this up; the cars had absolutely MASSIVE haircuts!

The Stagea at 59,000km, the V35 at 100,000km, and the Caldina at 158,000km, a total of 317,000km wiped from their collective mileages was a clear attempt to make a massive profit at the expense of some poor unsuspecting customers.

Absolutely disgusting conduct from a business, regardless of their subsequent admission.

3 people like this

Love how someone has tried to say he get them through and Australian wholesaler then the gum tree ad says "direct import"

cheers for putting it up

i don't see why people don't already go through trusted importers or brokers such as iron chef or J-spec..........

why even bother looking anywhere else.

Seems most customers are now catching on about the export papers for true kms.

Tokyo Prestige now advertise ---  Export certificate available to verify genuine kilometers on this vehicle, please ask one of our friendly staff.

Dont know if i would still trust them

Hi guys, i know this discussion was a while ago. I'm looking at a car from TP. The guy is assuring me that TP in south Australia are a different company to the company mentioned in this thread. 

Any one have a name or address on TP. 

put the link up

Beware of Tokyo prestige and the company they get compliance thru called ajs motorworks. I purchased a vehicle from them over a year ago with compliance and most of the parts to be changed for compliance were not touched even though i was charged for them. still trying to get reimbursement.

Slightly concerning as i'm considering a few cars from them on carsales. Though a few of their cars just look too clean in photos

Posted (edited)

Is this still relevant? They have a very attractive collection of cars and make them look extremely appealing on Facebook/Carsales. 

Any updates seeing as though this was over a year ago?

Edited by Gymkhana

37 minutes ago, Gymkhana said:

Is this still relevant? They have a very attractive collection of cars and make them look extremely appealing on Facebook/Carsales. 

Any updates seeing as though this was over a year ago?

Don't risk it!

All the history is there for you to obtain yourself plus in my dealings with them they've been nothing but upfront with the history of their cars. I enquired about the silver 32 they had for a while and with all the information they gave me they were open about the fact it was a grade R car from japan. They have the software to obtain the history.

If you're interested in the car then give them a ring and see what they have to say.

I thought R grades couldn't get compiled here.

I used to think that too but I've come across quite a few recently that are for sale and are in fact R grades.

3 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

I thought R grades couldn't get compiled here.

They definitely can. As long as it's not structural and there's no problem with rust, it'll get through no worries.

Then again, you have shops like Edward Lees who complied R grades that actually did have structural damage lol. Where there's a will there's a way I guess.

4 hours ago, ADP91 said:

They definitely can. As long as it's not structural and there's no problem with rust, it'll get through no worries....

Exactly. Auction grading is a japanese system not an Australian one.  A car that has had a major repair done properly can be complied as long as there is no rust or structural damage remaining.  My Cima was R due to a rear repair but was done properly, complied and has been trouble free since

2 people like this

A common reason for r34s to become R grades is because someone put ztune guards on them 

1 person likes this

The original 3 cars mentioned in this ad had the same dealership in the background as the new one, and the same logo. (99% sure anyway)

R grade (Accident or "parts replaced") can get through compliance if the repair has been done to a decent standard and there's no structural/frame damage.

Some auction sheets have "RA" on them which means a higher than average quality repair or really minor previous damage.

Stick to Iron Chef or J-Spec. -My 2c anyway. :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

1 person likes this

I had some dealings with them a few months ago when I made an enquiry about a couple of the cars they had for sale. End up catching them out with a few things and the salesman didn't know what to say. The owner phoned to apologize. With their past history plus my previous dealings I wouldn't use them.

1 person likes this