SAU Community

R32 Gtr Long Term Love, Now Project

Ok first a bit of history

I bought the car in 2003 it came with the usual exhaust and pods and beyond that was pretty much standard, i replaced the fuel pump and had the factory ecu remapped and made a respectable at the time 235kw at the wheels

In 2004 I sold the car and stayed in contact with the new owner, come easter 2007 the owner decided he wanted to part with it and after a check over the deal was done.

Image005.jpg

Over the next few years it stayed basically mechanically the same but got fitted with a set of r33 brembos and a new set of wheels DSCN0097.jpg

In 2011 the engine finally let go and after dramas with the engine builder I lost interest in the car and it sat outside, untouched for about 3 or so years. Eventually I bought and fitted a stock r33 engine, removed the hicas and fitted another set of wheels BE45199B-21D6-4332-A0D8-DFF69E14B8B2-334

So here we are today and I've finally decided to do a build but won't be anywhere near as big as the previous one was. The goal for this build is to make 373kw (500hp) at the wheels with as close to standard response as possible

Now on to the build

First things first after sitting around for so long, with my little helper I replaced all the oils in the car 38715BAD-0206-4564-8071-EAA643FC9322.jpg

Then took it up to jez for a baseline run so that we know where I'm starting from and know how far I need to go8DDD7264-F675-4601-8890-6964AD4070D8.jpg

So here we are with the baseline and a plan in place that I will reveal as the build continues

• Like 5

Looking forward to this one, congrats for hanging in there. Shame she had to spend 3 years outside im sure you will make it up to her though. I like the goals for this build, dont be stinge on the updates and pics!

I'm going to try and keep the updates weekly in order to stop the thread/build going stale, not everything will be a performance upgrade, there will be some general refreshing and tidying up as well. But there will be photos and information of everything that gets done along the way

Next up have this little collection of parts that need to go in, which includes a nismo twin plate, 1000cc injectors, plug in haltech, -7s and midori dump pipes, F2559FE3-1813-46FB-8DD4-A14D9E4B4BE6.jpg

• Like 1

I can't wait to see the results of this. The only other person who claimed close to this power on these turbos could never back it up.

I think these run out of puff at about 23/24 psi. Is that how much you want to run?

This won't be a do everything in one hit build, it's also not going to be a slap a bunch of crap together and hope for the best. It's going to be a very thought out and have a few things a lot of people either wouldn't do or wouldn't think of

TBH it's very hard to find info on E85 and -7's.

i just said stuff it and we will find out. Tuner thinks 350-360 on E85 and they will run out of puff. Will report back when she is finally fixed though. Can't wait to see what you will do man!