SAU Community

R32 Gtr Long Term Love, Now Project

Jez tried to start the tune on Friday and couldn't get the cam to move, lots of diagnostic work later we found the cam gear was jammed, a lot of problem solving we managed to work out what was causing it and got it working today (Tuesday). 

The tune has started and it's looking promising 

• Like 4

The e85 tune was done today and the result is exactly as I had hoped, I won't give the final number till the car and dyno sheet are in my hand but I will say at 4500rpm it's already making 250kw ?

• Like 2

Picked the car up today and all I can say is HOLY f**k. It's not even the number it makes it's how quickly it makes it. It has better response then my old -7 set up and just walks away. The only time the -7 set up matches it is when your foot is on the clutch stopped at idleIMG_2794.thumb.jpeg.588b67a26fde7d882ddf55e089c1f03d.jpeg

now for the future of this car, I'm done with chasing power!!! I'm over the moon with how it drives. So now I'll be just doing some general maintenance and improving things that may break. I will still be updating this thread as I go 

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

when I had the car wheel aligned last time I was told those castor rods I had put in the car were rubbish and when I ordered the alternator I also ordered some Cusco carstor rods fitted them and had the car aligned again.

now I could have sworn I took a photo of them before and after installing them but I can't find the photos 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New one arrived a few days later 2B8DEF95-EBE1-49C7-A38F-9649790836D4.thumb.jpeg.48b78c0df3d72b49ab445516ef74c419.jpeg

and slipped it onto the gearstickFA2DBB39-881A-45F9-97DA-9E3B6323286B.thumb.jpeg.35703aa7925b0636e5f9b013e1e29e36.jpeg

dropped it into the box checked the fluid level and when I get around to it I’ll put the car back down give it a wash and take it for a drive 

• Like 1