SAU Community

R32 Gtr Long Term Love, Now Project

Anyone in Sydney that wants to do there’s to save buying the socket to do it, I’m happy to lend you mine if you leave a $50 deposit which will be returned to you when you return the socket 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, r32-25t said:

Keeps the pressure in the pump, easiest way to know if yours is stuffed is while car car is sitting there idling you’ll hear the attessa pump cycle every couple of minutes. 

Pretty certain my attessa pump primes every 10 seconds lol

I'm keen to know how did you find the change in ratio's especially for driving on the street in comparison to the 5spd box?

Does it make more sense re ratio's of 6spd v 5spd? and  the 4.11 rear diff.

Doing the same conversion and getting a tad excited, cant wait so trying to glean what you think.

33 minutes ago, Sinista32 said:

I'm keen to know how did you find the change in ratio's especially for driving on the street in comparison to the 5spd box?

Does it make more sense re ratio's of 6spd v 5spd? and  the 4.11 rear diff.

Doing the same conversion and getting a tad excited, cant wait so trying to glean what you think.

I actually think it’s easier to drive especially taking off, I find 4th at 60km sits just under 3,000rpm which gives it a nice amount of torque when you come to a hill, get to about 70-80 and I put it in 5th and it just cruises along nicely 

It’s great with the 4.11s, honestly if you have any reserves about it, don’t worry about them cause you won’t regret it

• Thanks 1

Thanks - watched it several times listening to the changes. I absolutely love the sound the RB's make under load and the BOV's.

I'm really chuffed to hear you say it's easier/nicer. I cant wait.

Edited by Sinista32

In that race I was against an r32 Gtr with a big single and more power then me and he finished with his front bar lined up with my rear cause mine gets out of the hole so much better 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Nothing “broke” but the ats twin plate while being a fantastic clutch was not strong enough for the mighty twins and slips when I run anything above my lowest boost setting 

The clutch to replace it will be an os r3c that I picked up a couple of months ago from a member on here with very little use on it 

after ripping the box out I sat the 2 clutches side by side and I realized this wasn’t going to work without some parts sourcing 

DDCBA29E-BB63-4997-909C-2295A9FBCE88.thumb.jpeg.b1bf8ecaffde3c4722caecfac7f032b8.jpeg

After installing an r3c recently in my Gtr 

make sure u use the correct length bearing carrier as the clutch is “thinner” and needs a long bearing carrier 

mine was around 27mm long if I recall where as most other clutches require a 14ish mm carrier 

• Like 1

I did a heap of measuring and had worked out that was what was required and late today I picked this puppy up and it will fix my issue

08E0BC49-2B4B-49D7-B962-01992293A7F6.thumb.jpeg.958f6e4ce49dbb036a5628bae4062132.jpeg

I will be able to fit it all when I get a free second and take it for a drive again 

Hey mate what bearing carrier is that?I’m in process of going from R4C to R3C and it’s taking RHD a while to tell me which bearing I need?.

Sorry if I missed it ,Are you running big bore cylinder?

• Like 1

Honestly I have no idea, Kyle from hi octane had it sitting around because their supplier had sent them the wrong part for another customer and he sold it to me.

i will check it for a part number tomorrow