SAU Community

R32 Gtr Long Term Love, Now Project

Had some time today so I got to working on the car 07916D76-92B6-4E3E-9C4E-AB3E4FFA57A7.thumb.jpeg.21447380dfaba7dd477196c8506384ce.jpeggot it all back together and took it for a drive, bit of a mixed review on the clutch! it definitely takes a bit more effort to drive compared to the ats but isn’t anywhere near as bad as I expected it to be. It’s quieter then the ats and even seems to dampen then gearbox chatter a lot better as well 

• 2 months later...

I changed the oil yesterday and it had lost a substantial amount which was weird and  then last night I went roll racing and it started to make some ugly noises, then when I gave it a boot on the way home it surged so hard it sounded like a VL doseing down lygon st in Melbourne lol. 

So basically it’s blown a turbo, which was always a risk when they were second hand and had been pushed pretty hard previously. Now to look for a solution 

There’s got plenty of time to work things out, I’ve just bought another house and have a few things to do to it including building a new shed before anything will be done. 

So basically it’s going to be pushed into the corner for a while. While I’m fairly certain of which way I’ll be going, I’m waiting to see the results of another setup and may end up changing my mind

Whatever you do, don't share your plans on here or ask for any unbiased advice. 

Just make you choice, fit it all up, get a dyno sheet and just post that, but don't talk about the turbo selection, because it will be wrong - no matter what you choose. 

Also your life sounds like mine at present, new house, new shed, engine on hold :(

Edited by ActionDan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Just make you choice, fit it all up, get a dyno sheet and just post that, but don't talk about the turbo selection, because it will be wrong - no matter what you choose. 

You obviously haven't read this thread... cause that's exactly what he does...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ActionDan said:

Also your life sounds like mine at present, new house, new shed, engine on hold :(

Yeah having to be a proper adult sometimes is a pain in the butt,

The positive for me is it didn’t take the engine with it (seen that happen) and I’ve got plenty of time cause the car isn’t going anywhere 

• Like 3