SAU Community

R32 Gtr Long Term Love, Now Project

DD21A49E-4362-4A3F-A53C-F2F42E522737.thumb.jpeg.5f40e3279012e9b2d796b6b6a24efd43.jpega bit of a look over the dyno sheet will show the 27psi (465kw) run was finished at 6,600rpm and done because the cooler hose kept letting go.

Talking to Adam the car was still making power and on previous runs was still making power over 8,000rpm and believes had he been able rev it to 8,000 on the 27psi run it would have made at least 480kw 

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of and update

I had an issue where every time I’d boot the car it would trip the engine protection and throw an oil pressure code, we thought maybe the engine protection was set a bit aggressive. 

we took the car for a drive with a data logger going and fair enough it was losing oil pressure rapidly, put an extra liter of oil in it and presto all fixed. Which shows the protection was doing it’s job perfectly.

Lesson learned that even with a baffle in the sump it’s still not good enough, something better is on the cards at a later time 

• Like 1

Only oil mods are a tomei baffle in the stock sump and cam cover baffles and a catch can that vents to atmosphere. Everything else is stock cause it’s still a stock unopened r33 engine 

yeah that's exactly why I was wondering.

stock pump and not happening under sustained high revs means it is unlikely to be a "too much oil in the head" issue, just a "oil shifting in the sump under high g" issue....it obviously goes ok :) overfilling should be fine until you have a reason to open the engine

That’s what I’ll be doing, yes it goes very alright lol. Once i put it on high boost and gave it a boot in second I had to start grabbing lock to make sure it didn’t hit a gutter or tree or fence.

need to find some rear end grip or make the 4wd keep up with the car or both :/