SAU Community

R32 Gtr Long Term Love, Now Project

Toe the rear in about 2mm each side, so when it squats you'll end up with 0mm toe. Go more depending how much your arse end squats.

If you run traction rods, you can extend those and relax a bit on the toe in.

Also do you have a real rear diff? Or the lazy stock one?

I know this is a bad comparison, but back then when I was doing heaps of track work I was happily putting down 372kW at the rear wheels and the car would be straight every time and also on the street. Just good suspension setup and good alignment made all the difference. 

It’s the stock diff that’s been rebuilt with nismo plates, it’s enough to feel it chatter on tight turns while accelerating but not enough to make it uncomfortable 

wheel alignment is on the cards as are fresh tyres. 

the 4wd is to slow at the moment, going to give it a bleed and see what happens 

also looking at better quality coil overs 

On 24/12/2019 at 9:15 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

@WantGTR and I are both glad you threw the twin homos into the bin and became a man and went to a single. Response, power, transient, less heat, less hoses, less aids.

Set up has half the components which is great however not so sure about less heat. Everything on  the hot side is ceramic coated, braided hose with heat sleeve, even wrapped the dumo pipe over the ceramic  coat and put a heatsheild over rear housing. Gets pretty hot under there.

• Like 1

The only thing I’m really concerned with is the turbine housing which was supposed to have a beanie and will still be getting one, everything else has been has plenty of gap and won’t be a problem 

• 4 weeks later...

Big change.

A radiator air guide thingamagig does wonders for cleaning up the front and hiding the thermos and stuff, I'm dubious if it actually helps with cooling though.

Plus it's a good work station for tools and stuff.

• Like 1

Bleeding the 4wd seems to have helped a lot, you can still feel the back moving around but it doesn’t snap oversteer any more, will still be something I work on more.

once doing that it then brought the engine protection on again meaning even with 6L of oil the standard sump is useless 

10 minutes ago, Count Grantleyish said:

Snapchat it. 

This one I have but you wouldn’t be able to hear it

1 minute ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

It's 2020, Tik Tok it

this one I don’t 

• 3 weeks later...

Been a slow with the updates, finally decided to dig into the boxes I posted a few pages back 

here’s the old b/c pillar trim in the carA26DCC92-5C83-40C6-B772-862E2AB1F60D.thumb.jpeg.71cc5fdd00139376a9a86803b51c6a84.jpeg old and new beside each other, the old ones weren’t the worst I’ve ever seen F26C7294-8FD6-474D-B667-A69ECF728B78.thumb.jpeg.d3027a681410e0c6035b78611e244b5c.jpegand new one installed in the car BA798E42-5BC9-43D6-B9BD-9B315BDE788C.thumb.jpeg.60824859848f0af97cca32bc39c8c5f4.jpeg