• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

r32-25t

R32 Gtr Long Term Love, Now Project

I had every intention of doing just that but i cant find the original bolts for the gearbox crossmember 

28 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

I had every intention of doing just that but i cant find the original bolts for the gearbox crossmember 

Another kudos order, I actually have a spare Speedo drive. But new is always better 

34 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

Are they still at the zinc coaters?

4 minutes ago, Robzilla32 said:

Are they still at the zinc coaters?

When you fit the getrag you need 10mm spacers on top of the gearbox crossmember and I needed bolts that were 10mm longer and I’ve misplaced the originals cause of moving house 

11 minutes ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

Another kudos order, I actually have a spare Speedo drive. But new is always better 

I’m thinking of trying skyline spares to grab a second hand set 

I sent them my 5spd without the transfer attached and they sent it back the same way E0EA613E-FCA7-405B-9297-7D18122603F6.thumb.jpeg.7c3ecf9ce4cf1c55537d9d02cd0ff33a.jpegI thought I had posted this photo earlier 

• Like 1

Nice, that's the way to do it! I watched another video where PPG just sent the centre section and the owner had to make a few mods to the housings to make it all fit. Admittedly it was in the States so a costly exercise to send housings over just to have them shipped back again!

50 minutes ago, Shoota_77 said:

Nice, that's the way to do it! I watched another video where PPG just sent the centre section and the owner had to make a few mods to the housings to make it all fit. Admittedly it was in the States so a costly exercise to send housings over just to have them shipped back again!

I’ve seen that video and it is an option to do, ppg charge to fit the gear set for you but I like the idea of if it wrong I can send it back and get it corrected 

Couldn't agree more. Its not worth stuffing around with for that sort of money! Speaking of which, how much did it cost all up? PM me if you'd prefer.

Can't wait to see vids of flat shifts at 9k rpm!

34 minutes ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

Getting there, I get mine back next week, we should plan a cruise down south, but you’ll have to drive slow so I can keep up. 
the sequential makes a huge difference, you will love it! 

Nice bet you’re look forward to getting it. Yeah we should go for a drive and I won’t be able to drive fast cause of the engine pushing water still 

Fitted up the shafts, filled with oil and bled the clutch. Now I’m up to making the gear stick look like it belongs there 0E8ADC7C-2DCE-492F-BFC9-1D9B8683602F.thumb.jpeg.7f30d4dbb7e90bca0bf659d1a49ca0ab.jpeg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Robzilla32 said:

What is this comment relating to?

When old man 32 gtr said I would have to drive slow so he can keep up 

This is a factory as I could get it to look53354C95-1CB2-4CE8-99D5-2C7C112B1669.thumb.jpeg.29f84b56b50e7ecaccbb04cfdb6a37d2.jpeg907F1ED5-39CA-4B8B-A65C-7A942B1BDE1A.thumb.jpeg.30d6c71c9088ad98afdbe3f1fa2a921c.jpegthe wiring is just sitting on the floor to be done later

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

Looking good, can it be driven yet? 
Did you unstitch the boot? I would have given you mine, the one I used with my PPG. 
Who is setting up the flat shift for you? 

it can be driven, just wont have reverse lights or anything else electrical hooked up
the boot was already unstitched from having the getrag in it before
probably will be jem cause they tuned it last time