SAU Community

R32 Gtr Long Term Love, Now Project

The way I looked it. with the deck cracking being so common I didn’t want to chance it happening again and to be honest by the time you buy a block, test it, do the billet main caps, machine it, buy the head and main studs and etc you really aren’t getting much change from buying a billet block  and if it happened again then I’d really be behind 

• Like 1

Just now, BK said:

Jesus Christ Brett... Sequentials, Nitto strokers and now a Billet block ! You win Powerball or something ? 😉

I wish we (me and the mrs) just look at it as we will take the financial hit now to save it costing more in the future. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

I wish we (me and the mrs) just look at it as we will take the financial hit now to save it costing more in the future. 

I can't talk either. At least that's good if your Mrs is helping - mine tells me to fk off and spend your own money !

We're ending up in very similar places with the TH1 32s with the Elite 2500, 6466, Nitto 2.8 stroker but I've went H dog and you sequential.

To be totally honest if I cracked another block I'd probably do exactly the same with the Billet block myself, so I'm interested on how it works out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

nice steal cap thongs Brett lol..

and congrats on the new baby (block) :D

We have a very good oh&s policy in our garage, if you hurt yourself I’ll push you in front of a bus and they can deal with it 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, r32-25t said:

Also pulled the dash out to remove the heater core and ac core out DE9B0EEE-BB2D-43C9-87C7-FFD7870CDC52.thumb.jpeg.349837306c75c99caec7090d7720825d.jpeg

With what you have removed from the dash, can you get to the firewall mat? I have removed the vinyl dash, centre console etc. but it looks like you have removed a lot more.

I want to replace the firewall mat but a bit unsure about how big a job it is and whether I need to outsource it.

Cheers

30 minutes ago, Robzilla32 said:

With what you have removed from the dash, can you get to the firewall mat? I have removed the vinyl dash, centre console etc. but it looks like you have removed a lot more.

I want to replace the firewall mat but a bit unsure about how big a job it is and whether I need to outsource it.

Cheers

I just had another look and you would need to strip it even further then I have, the steering column, all the wiring, the metal bar and even the carpet needs to be pealed back as well. Basically you need to remove everything cause of the way it wraps around it all. 

On 30/03/2021 at 10:48 AM, BK said:

I can't talk either. At least that's good if your Mrs is helping - mine tells me to fk off and spend your own money !

We're ending up in very similar places with the TH1 32s with the Elite 2500, 6466, Nitto 2.8 stroker but I've went H dog and you sequential.

To be totally honest if I cracked another block I'd probably do exactly the same with the Billet block myself, so I'm interested on how it works out.

I thought I replied to this before and just realized that wasn’t the case

With us all our money goes into one account and I wouldn’t spend that kind of money without talking to her about it first 

should be good to see what kind of difference the sequential makes, My goal is to run a 9 on drag radials (even a 9.99 would make me happy) 

I’m looking forward to it all coming together and from what I’ve been told it’s not the major inconvenience everyone originally made it out to be.

One thing I did find out after paying for it is you have to use an external oil pump which wasn’t expected 

• Like 1

Same - want a 9 at over 140mph with the H pattern at 2021 Red centre nats so they can kick me out for not having a 'chute. Ideally I'd like it to be done without drag radials but they do make a big difference, as I was doing 10.5 - 10.7 passes between only 127 - 129 mph with the Trust 6 speed and ET streets before the 6466 went on.

So what are you doing with the oil pump setup ? Mechanical crank driven pump ? Wet or Dry sump ?

1 hour ago, r32-25t said:

I thought I replied to this before and just realized that wasn’t the case

With us all our money goes into one account and I wouldn’t spend that kind of money without talking to her about it first 

should be good to see what kind of difference the sequential makes, My goal is to run a 9 on drag radials (even a 9.99 would make me happy) 

I’m looking forward to it all coming together and from what I’ve been told it’s not the major inconvenience everyone originally made it out to be.

One thing I did find out after paying for it is you have to use an external oil pump which wasn’t expected 

so that's another 20k on the tab for dry sump? :P 

Billet not so cheap after all, but even cast needs dry sump!!!

7 hours ago, BK said:

Same - want a 9 at over 140mph with the H pattern at 2021 Red centre nats so they can kick me out for not having a 'chute. Ideally I'd like it to be done without drag radials but they do make a big difference, as I was doing 10.5 - 10.7 passes between only 127 - 129 mph with the Trust 6 speed and ET streets before the 6466 went on.

So what are you doing with the oil pump setup ? Mechanical crank driven pump ? Wet or Dry sump ?

Gtr fest is my goal cause it’ll be a fully prepared track 

It’s going to have to be one of those 2 I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it, it’s a decision I can leave until just before the engine goes back in 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BakemonoRicer said:

so that's another 20k on the tab for dry sump? :P 

Billet not so cheap after all, but even cast needs dry sump!!!

If you’re paying 20k for a dry sump set up your getting your ass raped 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, r32-25t said:

I just had another look and you would need to strip it even further then I have, the steering column, all the wiring, the metal bar and even the carpet needs to be pealed back as well. Basically you need to remove everything cause of the way it wraps around it all. 

Thanks for taking a look, I appreciate it. Sounds like I might have my work cut out for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Car still hasn't moved, I’ve been told 2 weeks (feels like I’ve said that before)

been buying a few odds and ends 2565B423-BC3E-4FCA-AE4E-080CF943CD72.thumb.jpeg.472d4c66a749cc298586bccc325f6ce5.jpegsome titanium exhaust studs, a new rubber seal for the cam angle sensor and a new coil cover emblem