SAU Community

R32 Gtr Long Term Love, Now Project

On 03/07/2021 at 9:59 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Needs twins to be a GT-R, or be like Advan and put twins in a GTS-4, and put GT-R guards on it. GT-R with sunroof lol.

He argued that till he was blue in the face and went quiet after I hit him with “does the Japanese vin start with bcnr33?” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 03/07/2021 at 9:59 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Needs twins to be a GT-R, or be like Advan and put twins in a GTS-4, and put GT-R guards on it. GT-R with sunroof lol.

This is genius 

On 04/07/2021 at 8:37 AM, WantGTR said:

This is genius 

Then all the GT-R boys can do single turbo conversions and pop in NEO blocks to be GTS-4s.

@r32-25t you going to redo the engine loom too? I'm tempted at the moment as well. I stripped back the OEM loom and it's still good so kind of feels like a waste.

On 04/07/2021 at 9:35 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Then all the GT-R boys can do single turbo conversions and pop in NEO blocks to be GTS-4s.

@r32-25t you going to redo the engine loom too? I'm tempted at the moment as well. I stripped back the OEM loom and it's still good so kind of feels like a waste.

Yeah I will be replacing the engine harness, just look at it being almost 30yrs old and it’s out at the moment so may as well 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 2:29 PM, r32-25t said:

Injector have been changed twice and turbos 3 times 

at least I’m not the mack daddy of the 80k rust bucket 

850s

1000s

1250s

Then 1650s

come on Brett… I thought you did the maths, & do it once and do it right?

I’ll stick with my Mack daddy “rust bucket” thanks, at least it has a blue plate 😂😂😂

I’ve never had 850s 

building cars is a journey and one I’m happy I took because I enjoy working on my car not writing cheques for other people to do it. 

so unless you actually have anything useful to say I’d appreciate if you troll other parts of the forum, like I give you to the courtesy of staying out of your threads 

On 04/07/2021 at 9:39 AM, r32-25t said:

Yeah I will be replacing the engine harness, just look at it being almost 30yrs old and it’s out at the moment so may as well 

Going a new OEM one or custom and deleting the crap you don't need like the AFM wiring?

AFM wiring actually turns out to be perfect for wiring in an EMAP sensor.

On 04/07/2021 at 8:46 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Going a new OEM one or custom and deleting the crap you don't need like the AFM wiring?

AFM wiring actually turns out to be perfect for wiring in an EMAP sensor.

Going to grab the wiring specialties one and remove the wires I don’t require and replace them with ones that I do need ie. Load cell and pressure sensors a

• Like 1

Because of needing the bay to go back to bare metal the shop tried to use stripper to remove the paint and because it wouldn’t remove the undercoat it was decided blasting is the only option.

89A87F5E-245E-4A47-9184-B2B054EF878C.thumb.jpeg.17990aaa9e57ba8a4ca7c2b3db2616f0.jpegD4718691-79C7-4EB0-BC73-FF66D42C3E67.thumb.jpeg.95bd040ae457070734d57f46c0f43e39.jpeg Because of that he wanted the cross member removed and while I was there I removed a the rest of the lines and grabbed plugs for all the AN lines 

blasting is booked and so is the tow truck 

• Like 2

On 10/07/2021 at 1:51 PM, r32-25t said:

Because of needing the bay to go back to bare metal the shop tried to use stripper to remove the paint and because it wouldn’t remove the undercoat it was decided blasting is the only option.

89A87F5E-245E-4A47-9184-B2B054EF878C.thumb.jpeg.17990aaa9e57ba8a4ca7c2b3db2616f0.jpegD4718691-79C7-4EB0-BC73-FF66D42C3E67.thumb.jpeg.95bd040ae457070734d57f46c0f43e39.jpeg Because of that he wanted the cross member removed and while I was there I removed a the rest of the lines and grabbed plugs for all the AN lines 

blasting is booked and so is the tow truck 

Somehow, it finds a way to escalate 🤪

• Haha 1

The parts I’d really like to buy is the brake lines, Nismo heritage have some of them but according to their pictures they don’t have the complete abs versions. 

they have the lines that go from the master to the pump but don’t have the ones that go from the pump to the left and right fronts or the one that goes from the pump to the rear. And nissan in their wisdom made both abs and non abs lines the same part numbers despite them being completely different shapes and sizes 

On 12/07/2021 at 7:54 PM, r32-25t said:

The parts I’d really like to buy is the brake lines, Nismo heritage have some of them but according to their pictures they don’t have the complete abs versions. 

they have the lines that go from the master to the pump but don’t have the ones that go from the pump to the left and right fronts or the one that goes from the pump to the rear. And nissan in their wisdom made both abs and non abs lines the same part numbers despite them being completely different shapes and sizes 

No, all the brake lines are available from Nismo for front and rear and the abs and non abs pipes are not the same part numbers. We replaced both the ABS fronts from ABS pump on the white 32 recently as someone had made some pretty average replacements. For example front left ABS ones are 46242-RHR21 (old part 46242-04U00) and non abs for left is 46242-RHR20 (old part 46242-01U10).