SAU Community

R32 Gtr Long Term Love, Now Project

On 13/07/2021 at 5:20 AM, r32-25t said:

Ok I’ll have to have another look, when I was looking the picture shown was always the non abs version 

Nismo direct pictures generally have seemed correct but forget the pictures. Find what you need through NIssan fast and then find Nismo heritage replacement part number.

On 13/07/2021 at 8:11 AM, BK said:

Nismo direct pictures generally have seemed correct but forget the pictures. Find what you need through NIssan fast and then find Nismo heritage replacement part number.

I checked their site again and they only have 3 of the 5 lines for the abs version 

Which ones can't you find or want ? If they're not in Nismo, it means they could still be available as a Nissan part possibly, as the Attesa rear hoses are like that - 3 are Nismo parts and 1 is still a Nissan part just to confuse things more.

The one from the pump to the rh front and the one from the pump to the rear are the 2 that aren’t listed on the nismo site or on amayama as being available 

Did a bit of running around today, first I picked up the engine covers

50686EFD-0390-47ED-8DCD-11CF637149ED.thumb.jpeg.b31e7868351e0cc05a54d2b83039d14f.jpeg

I had the powder coat removed and am going to have them painted after I decide on a colour 

then off to rams to pick the head up

661A3A28-3767-4102-AFC5-BA89B7C7394B.thumb.jpeg.ca6e962fad4c5582181e0873f8af24b1.jpegE89CE9AF-B9B5-4124-B6D8-5BA897F88EFC.thumb.jpeg.8027395fa34916f3bf11f7ff4e9a9c01.jpeg

all ported and the chambers opened up and all the good bits fitted and valve clearances set 

also because I was told the Jun cams had to much lift and duration rams supplied some new cams for me

96E908F4-46E6-4DA6-8436-FAD7224EC50D.thumb.jpeg.98c8ea2b0a14045e017423806742bf3c.jpeg

Only kidding 😝 

• Like 2

On 21/07/2021 at 1:22 AM, 6BANGER said:

I would to ask a few questions about this os88 issue . Did you end up fixing the oil spitting out of the breather hose issues?

I chucked the toys out of the cot and sold it. There was two very different oil levels that I was told to run. 
Aside from that, the OS88 is a very “dumb” gearbox. It has no gear position sensor, it only has a switch for the gear position display. It doesn’t come with a strain gauge and somehow they want to charge $23k for a brand new one. 👀. I have also seen a few bust with sub 500 kw too so I would take the 1500 Hp claim with a grain of salt. The length of the throw to change gears feels very long once you add a strain gauge. As a comparison, the ppg feels about half the distance.

Put the PPG in the car and haven’t looked back. I would not recommend the OS88 with the amount of other options around today even if you did find one for a discounted price. 

• Like 1

Pulled the old engine apart today because I need the oil squirters out of it for the new engine 90EFB439-88EC-48F0-9511-FA97A0EE9393.thumb.jpeg.1f9880bf8b368abd0c64e0960f65da15.jpeg

looks like I pulled the engine out just at the right time because they were ready to knock and start damaging things 

• Like 1

Always nice to pull the engine apart just before it gets expensive, instead of just after...I had the same luck in my recent stagea rebuild, it was ready to spin at least 1 big end too.

How old was the engine, and did you have any sign of oil pressure trouble?

• Like 1

It’s a 33 engine that had never been rebuilt so at least 23yrs old, yeah I had the engine protection kept tripping because oil pressure dropping until I put the big sump on it 

those were by far the worst of the lot but all of the bearings showed signs of issues, luckily the crank is still perfect and should be able to sell it 

On 7/22/2021 at 6:34 AM, Piggaz said:

I chucked the toys out of the cot and sold it. There was two very different oil levels that I was told to run. 
Aside from that, the OS88 is a very “dumb” gearbox. It has no gear position sensor, it only has a switch for the gear position display. It doesn’t come with a strain gauge and somehow they want to charge $23k for a brand new one. 👀. I have also seen a few bust with sub 500 kw too so I would take the 1500 Hp claim with a grain of salt. The length of the throw to change gears feels very long once you add a strain gauge. As a comparison, the ppg feels about half the distance.

Put the PPG in the car and haven’t looked back. I would not recommend the OS88 with the amount of other options around today even if you did find one for a discounted price. 

I wouldn't recommend a PPG or having to deal with them to my worst enemy :(

On 29/07/2021 at 5:40 PM, SimonR32 said:

I wouldn't recommend a PPG or having to deal with them to my worst enemy :(

Are you not running a Pfitzner sequential, or have I missed something?