SAU Community

R32 Gtr Long Term Love, Now Project

The more I looked at my ac condenser the more I noticed how bad of shape is really was, so as much as it killed me to pay the asking price I bought a new one 

87A6AFBB-859E-4E47-88E9-3B57FFA82710.thumb.jpeg.5beb94225c20cd93350c7fa056fb6be0.jpeg

and here it is fitted to the car and also I painted the fan and bought a brand new receiver dryer as well 

6A070EC7-2F5D-4A54-BDB4-4C164A3FEFC3.thumb.jpeg.1c4c1907f67fab1846609657f0f2dc77.jpeg

• Like 4

Looks purdy

You'll be glad you did replace it when it's all buttoned up

Whislt most wouldn't be able to notice a old busted arse condenser and dryer, you would have been jaded if you didn't change it when you had such easy access

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 4:55 PM, r32-25t said:

Thanks mate, every time I think “do I really want to?” I end up just saying if I don’t do it now I’ll never do it 

So far every time I haven't just bought the part while it was available I've regretted it. I swear everyone and their mother is hoarding parts like they plan on scalping them in a year or two.

On 8/11/21 at 4:44 PM, joshuaho96 said:

So far every time I haven't just bought the part while it was available I've regretted it. I swear everyone and their mother is hoarding parts like they plan on scalping them in a year or two.

You can thank the USA for f**king that up for everyone, before they were allowed to have them these cars and their parts were cheap and plentiful. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/21 at 8:17 AM, iruvyouskyrine said:

Who did your elctroplating on the bolts and how much did it cost? Looks like it was worth it unless its stupid expensive

Elite plating in smithfield, was $150 for every nut, bolt and washer in the bay and on the engine, also did the bonnet prop and latch and a few brackets 

On 8/12/21 at 9:54 AM, r32-25t said:

Elite plating in smithfield, was $150 for every nut, bolt and washer in the bay and on the engine, also did the bonnet prop and latch and a few brackets 

What colour did you do the Bonnet stay? 
not sure what to do with mine 

On 8/12/21 at 10:29 AM, Old man 32 GTR said:

What colour did you do the Bonnet stay? 
not sure what to do with mine 

I did it in the olive which is the original colour, if I could go back I would have just done the whole lot in gold