SAU Community

Bnr32 Gtr Build ('murica!) Nismo Heavy

Im from Missouri. But I'm a pipe welder. So I travel the country constantly. I'm sure being from Louisiana you are familiar with the welding lifestyle. Seems like there is a lot from down that way. I know quite a few in the Baton Rouge/New Orleans area.

Absolutely. I'm a Professional Mechanical Engineer. Been doing oilfield project management and design for 15 years now. Everything from the wellhead all the way through refining. Did quite a few mid-stream projects for various pipeline companies. You'd be dealing with my CWI's for most projects. :)

Small world!

If you end up in Lafayette drop me a line. We'll drink beers and 'play skylines'

You need my boost gauge to complete the collection!

Yea I have wondered what other gauge I should get. Either oil pressure or boost. The thing is the Nismo DIN gauge has boost on it, but only up to 1.2 bar. I don't want to many extra gauges, but I do think that water and oil temp are pretty crucial on these engines.

Amazing collection of parts.

Half that gear money cant buy new any more or even good seconds

Thanks, It's good to see a group of people that understand what they are looking at. A lot of "enthusiasts" in USA have no clue. It's like a FnF rice fest up here. Not sure if Australia is like that or not.

Absolutely. I'm a Professional Mechanical Engineer. Been doing oilfield project management and design for 15 years now. Everything from the wellhead all the way through refining. Did quite a few mid-stream projects for various pipeline companies. You'd be dealing with my CWI's for most projects. :)

Small world!

If you end up in Lafayette drop me a line. We'll drink beers and 'play skylines'

Nice, I may have to hit you up for a job lol. I have been running my rig truck for a year now. Just got laid off from up in West Virginia 2 days ago actually. Did 3 natural gas well heads, piping them in to water/sand separators, GPU's and the sales lines. Think I'm headed to south Texas in like a week for a small compressor station. I used to do oil refineries before I ran my rig truck. That was mostly tig welding though. I kind of like the downhill stick welding the oil field uses. It's kind of funny, I was doing a compressor station up in Colorado when I went to the porta john for a little break (if you know what I mean). Checked my facebook and saw one of the importers I go through for parts had this GTR for sale. Bought it right their lol. The road life is strange, but I love it lol. Never in a million years would I think I would buy a GTR like that haha. The most expensive bathroom break I've ever had.

Edited by JTCC

the rice fest is dying off slowly. people are starting to appreciate the unmolested cars. there is still a bit of a "gotta look stanced" thing going on but i think thats coming mainly from you guys in the states :P

Seems its all 89-90 R32 GTR's (Godzilla's) in the states. What sort of price are the commanding ?

Are there many R32 GTS-t's being bought for those who cant afford the big brother?

Further to that do you know of any R32 4 doors?

Recently watched a vid of the attention an 32 GTR gets in the States. Quite over the top :)

Seems its all 89-90 R32 GTR's (Godzilla's) in the states. What sort of price are the commanding ?

Are there many R32 GTS-t's being bought for those who cant afford the big brother?

Further to that do you know of any R32 4 doors?

Recently watched a vid of the attention an 32 GTR gets in the States. Quite over the top :)

Those are the only ones that are legal. We have to wait 25 years exactly to the month it was built for it to be allowed on shores legally. I know of a few GTS-T. Haven't really seen any 4 doors. But I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't really get on forums to much. Yea our import crowd is funny. It's like some life achievement of coolness if you see a GTR. I have seen them over 10 years ago lol. Its mostly the new age kids that are all about the Fast N Furious that go over the top. It's like they are star struck to a car lol. I guess I'll find out how bad it really is once mine arrives. There are some kids that don't even know what a r32 is. It's all R34 for them lol.

As far as price goes, I paid just under 20k for mine. That is a total cost with shipping etc. They kept it in japan for 7 months to wait for legality. Which judging by how clean it looks, I think is a fair price. But I have seen other importers sell some pretty beat ones for 20-25k. I guess it just depends on who you go through. There are some pretty well tuned ones 5-6-700hp that you can pick up for 25-35k depending on how far its gone. Which I myself thought about getting an already built one because its super cheap for what you are actually getting. Getrag transmissions, built blocks, single turbos, all kinds of bolt ons etc. They are just old cars from tuning shops. But I kind of wanted to build my own, not have someone else's toy.

Edited by JTCC

Wow amazing collection of New Old Stock parts, where on earth did you find them all?

Years of yahoo japan hunting and occasionally up garage. Every once and a while I will persuade a fellow collector with $$$ to sell me a particular piece if I am having a hard time finding the piece in a decent condition on my own.

But you know how hard it is to get a nismo collector to part with certain parts lol.

Edited by JTCC

Got another piece in the mail today. Had to pay the nismo tax on this one being it came from a fellow collector.

YSvXVzc.jpg

Completes my set of knick knacks

awxRTDi.jpg

Edited by JTCC

Those are the only ones that are legal. We have to wait 25 years exactly to the month it was built for it to be allowed on shores legally. I know of a few GTS-T. Haven't really seen any 4 doors. But I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't really get on forums to much. Yea our import crowd is funny. It's like some life achievement of coolness if you see a GTR. I have seen them over 10 years ago lol. Its mostly the new age kids that are all about the Fast N Furious that go over the top. It's like they are star struck to a car lol. I guess I'll find out how bad it really is once mine arrives. There are some kids that don't even know what a r32 is. It's all R34 for them lol.

As far as price goes, I paid just under 20k for mine. That is a total cost with shipping etc. They kept it in japan for 7 months to wait for legality. Which judging by how clean it looks, I think is a fair price. But I have seen other importers sell some pretty beat ones for 20-25k. I guess it just depends on who you go through. There are some pretty well tuned ones 5-6-700hp that you can pick up for 25-35k depending on how far its gone. Which I myself thought about getting an already built one because its super cheap for what you are actually getting. Getrag transmissions, built blocks, single turbos, all kinds of bolt ons etc. They are just old cars from tuning shops. But I kind of wanted to build my own, not have someone else's toy.

Trying not to hijack your thread, but wanted to add.

Bought mine for $16,5k already in the states with title in my state of residence knowing it had rod knock. I went totally over the top on my build and spent WAY too much, but my budget was initially $27k. I'll be touching $40k soon I'm sure. But this car will be a rocket with all brand new parts. I will still need to go through the transmission though.

When you get the opportunity if you don't already have :)

I've passed the 10pt one on to a fellow enthusiast for his 34GTR and retained the other for my 32GTR

HhualiB.jpg

Trying not to hijack your thread, but wanted to add.

Bought mine for $16,5k already in the states with title in my state of residence knowing it had rod knock. I went totally over the top on my build and spent WAY too much, but my budget was initially $27k. I'll be touching $40k soon I'm sure. But this car will be a rocket with all brand new parts. I will still need to go through the transmission though.

Yea I don't even know what I have into mine. Rare parts tax + nismo tax + gtr tax doesn't really make it fair lol. That, with my 240sx, I don't even want to guess. My RB25 is way more built than this GTR will be(at least for now). That exhaust alone was a little over 5k after shipping. It's the japan shipping that really gets me. I could go with way cheaper alternatives, but I like what I like.

• 3 weeks later...

got a few more things in. Still waiting on two more parts to arrive.

Omori Factory BNR32 titanium strut bar

uYXYZVa.jpg

V8cF4Sd.jpg?1

Also, I got a set of some pretty clean OEM option strut bars. The rear one looks brand new with just a slight sticker peel. The front is just dirty from being in the engine bay.

Tot0t0n.jpg

VkIewpd.jpg

Tc6kbEV.jpg

I like both sets. Not sure which one to use lol. The nismo one will probably win just because it was expensive, so I better use it. But the OEM clean subtle look is pretty cool to. I really like both sets. The nismo one just seems to be more " serious business" looking lol. Not to mention, its super super light.

B2HfNvp.jpg

Edited by JTCC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I finally got to drive the car. It is awesome. Very awesome. Feels great. Stock power can be fun. I am truly impressed with this thing. Very clean car. Feels like I bought a brand new r32 GTR. Previous owner is an awesome dude. The HKS suspension/chassis bracing feels great. I didn't know he had both HKS kansai strut bars, I thought it was just the front. Not sure if the clutch has been changed, but it feels great. Kind of like my OS giken ts2bd on my rb25 in my 240sx. Very easy to tell when it engages. The stock shifter is nice and solid too. Not sloppy etc. Very pleased with this purchase.

Brand new nismo 360mm blue letter leather steering wheel with horn button. Feels awesome. So soft!

LCM4zg0.jpg?1

PIINvAg.jpg?1

Genuine Nismo/N1 hood maul

JMyUeHz.jpg

tqyDmo5.jpg

60mm oil pressure gauge

TfPsczx.jpg

xO5w2sP.jpg

Old nismo leather shift knob

358sMTy.jpg

Box of goods!

8TccwTG.jpg

vDqRB2O.jpg

qCETW4h.jpg

idler/tensioner/spring

nAUCidK.jpg

OEM water pump

gAsQohl.jpg

Nismo fuel pump, ordered another gasket separately not knowing it already came with one!

abyc5E4.jpg

Put on nismo shift knob and yellow fashion lighter

jI8nxiK.jpg

ARC titanium cooling panel

HzNSZrL.jpg

Ommori strut bar, nismo oil cap, nismo 1.3 kpa radiator cap

eQFyrG6.jpg

Gave it a wash

B0Fh4Zs.jpg

0ehhabA.jpg

Put in one nismo recaro

MAcY88t.jpg

First tank of gas

HpaCBie.jpg

Everyone knows this means trouble!

RAtFbWY.jpg

• Like 1

Daaaaamn it's so clean!

I still have to detail the interior and the engine bay lol. But I am impressed with the 25 year old factory paint. That is just a wash with some soap. No wax, clay bar, polish, buff etc. Just a soft sponge and some elbow grease.