SAU Community

Bnr32 Gtr Build ('murica!) Nismo Heavy

Not trying to be snobby. But I would never buy rotas. I like the real stuff, plus they look like cheap junk compared to real wheels. But I am a bit of a wheel whore. That's just my opinion. Once you are used to a certain quality, its hard to down grade. Probably the same reason I have never bought a stainless steel exhaust lol. First exhaust I ever bought was titanium...... never looked back lol.

Edited by JTCC

Ironically enough the first wheels I bought were factory r32 gtr wheels lol about 10 years ago. Still have them. Then I bought bigger brakes, which means they no longer fit lol. So then I bought some super advan racing ver 2 in metallic blue. Unboxing those after a 6 month wait was awesome. They look way better in person than in pics. I have had a lot of people say that now that they have seen them in person, it's one of the coolest wheels they have ever seen. It's certainly one of my favorites. I like a lot of advan stuff though.

I havent even begun yet guys lol. Some of this stuff I've had for years just laying around. This was my plan, to make my own nismo GTR. But with better parts in some areas where nismo is lacking. Also keep in mind, I've only physically had the car for less than 2 weeks.

Ok since we were discussing wheels, this will seem fitting lol.

Advan AD08R 265/35/18

2fF4MRe.jpg

o8rCktP.jpg

Advan RG original. 18x9.5 +12. I now know why they called these GTR sizes. They are PERFECT. Slight fender roll needed. More like a massage.

dXPcZPw.jpg

rEqbgoq.jpg

Car still up in the air

JbFjoAF.jpg

hlpiNmr.jpg

One side on, back on the ground. Looks WAAAAY better and more aggressive.

ZAihvJ9.jpg

Here is the side with 17x9 +22 TE37 with 255/40/17 nankang ultra sport NS-II for comparison.

003XetH.jpg

Back shot of TE37

z9R1kBf.jpg

Front of TE37, you can see they are slightly sunk in

YjLzbXy.jpg

Rear of the Advan RG, perfectly flush, needs a fender roll

ostZl4r.jpg

Front of RG, you can see it pokes where the TE37 were sunken battleship status.

RnPzL4z.jpg

hTAkKuW.jpg

DzD09LO.jpg

WG4gf0O.jpg

I am a huge Advan fan. They just look better than so many other manufacturers. The quality is great. I am still not that impressed with rays or volk. They are quality, but even looking at these TE37 they don't stand out much. There is no attraction. My second set of advans and I am equally impressed. Just my opinion.

Edited by JTCC
  • Like 1

Not sure on the spring rates. Whatever HKS hipermax II came with I'm assuming. They are decently stiff when driving. The rears are not close really, you just need to roll the inner lip a bit. The lip sticks in, where as the wheels are inline with the actual surface of the quarter panel. They rub on hard cornering and bouncy areas of road. All 4 corners rub on bouncy areas. I'll look at it more tomorrow, was getting to dark. Should be fine with basic fender roll. I think that is actually how they were designed to be put on. Unless you want a 4x4 GTR. I am also not sure on my alignment specs. I'm sure a degree or two of camber would probably clear them as well. But as soon as I put them on....you just got that feeling like "oh yea, these are the ones" lol.

Edited by JTCC
  • Like 1

I personally love the square tyre sizing with 265's on 9.5 wide.

but you could always go a bit narrower with 245's for a bit more squeeze but given your rolling/alignment adjustments shouldn't be an issue.

Ok another update. Did a slight fender roll, didn't even have to roll them completely. Fits like a glove now. No rubbing at all. Also we put the exhaust on. We didn't do the turbo dumps because it was a little more involved than we had planned. So we just did the the fronts pipes on back. Midori Seibi is incredible. Fits like a glove. Looks amazing, sounds amazing. I can't describe it. The front pipes really open up the exhaust. Can hear the turbos spool very well now. Definitely notice a power boost. Feels really good. The sound is so clean and crisp. It's just.....yea.

Midori Seibi 90mm full titanium exhaust setup.

YBuwo94.jpg

aeSZ4dS.jpg

Bwscguk.jpg

yWOm2nC.jpg

5IXtKPk.jpg

a24e1fJ.jpg

749OW3h.jpg

U7lScgt.jpg

• Like 3