SAU Community

2015 Annual General Meeting 20-08-2015

Cadmoon

Event:
2015 Annual General Meeting

Description:

The time has come for the AGM, once again we will hold it at the Shannons Insurance clubhouse in Brisbane. During the meeting we shall give a brief overview of the club activities from the past year, hold Executive Committee elections and take member feedback and suggestions for the coming year. A more detailed post (available HERE) of available positions and nominations for those positions will be posted in the members section. Members and non-members are invited to attend but only financial members can nominate for and vote on Executive Committee positions.

In addition to the general business of the AGM this year we will also be discussing the possible winding up of the club at the end of the year. I urge any members (or non members interested in joining) to attend and voice your opinions about what you would like to see happen with the club.

Shannons Club House, Unit 5B/ 305 Montague Road, West End

Map HERE

Date:
Thursday the 20th of August

Time:
Arrival: 6-6:30 pm

Meeting begins at 7pm sharp and we expect to be finished by 9pm

Attending:

Cadmoon

Mega sad,still have my 33 after 13 years met heaps of great people whom I'm still friends with,young ones might of out grown out of grey imports not me ever,Japanese super cars have always been made beautifully and still are today,love em. :-)

The young ones haven't grown out of imports they've just grown out of car clubs. Facebook was the death knell for clubs and the local race tracks opening up their gates to non club facebook groups had only expedited it.

• Like 1

It is particularly sad to see that you may be having to shut up shop as a club. I am new to SAU but have been a member of car clubs for years. There is no substitute for a good club outing with friends and members. Car clubs have and should be the backbone of motoring enthusiasts.

• Like 1

I feel that way too Matt but sadly the current crop of skyline owners get everything they want from a Facebook group and see little point in joining a car club.

• Like 1

I feel that way too Matt but sadly the current crop of skyline owners get everything they want from a Facebook group and see little point in joining a car club.

Hey Mike

Ignore my ignorance what do you mean in regards to Facebook group.I am probably the only one in the country not on this site.

On Facebook you can create groups and invite people to them, similar to a forum but there is almost no way to find past threads. It's just a way for them to feel part of a community without having to pay membership costs. This coupled with qr allowing anyone (not just car clubs) run a halthappy laps people no longer see the value in joining a club or attending events.

Hey Mike

Ignore my ignorance what do you mean in regards to Facebook group.I am probably the only one in the country not on this site.

Not the only one Andrew maybe there are 2 of us ,My boys talked me into a Facebook organised QR day before i joined the club ,it is something i would only do once ,The SAU days are so much better ,safer and more fun !!!!

• Like 2

well i did mention that this might happen last year when hardly any members attended events that the club put on.I personally like to be part of a club,i do attend events put on by other facebook clubs and car clubs just to mix with other car lovers,but theres nothing like belonging to sau qld. Unfortunately to many members like the fact that theyre in a club,but dont support the club,by not going to club events put on for members it will kill off this sector of sau.Not progress in my option. :( I hope this doesnt happen.

• Like 2

I'm only new here but I'll be sad to see the club go , I really enjoyed meeting you guys the other day I hope it was a sign of many more great days to come!

Also some one mentioned a member only section of the QLD sub forum, how do I go about getting access to that?

Edited by kapryiath

I'm only new here but I'll be sad to see the club go , I really enjoyed meeting you guys the other day I hope it was a sign of many more great days to come!

Also some one mentioned a member only section of the QLD sub forum, how do I go about getting access to that?

Join the club, there's a pinned thread in the main Queensland section with everything you need to know.

I've already joined the club , though i never ended up with my membership card ( got the other stuff though) or the QLD member tag under my username :S

I'll have a look into it mate and get it sorted. Sorry.