SAU Community

Under Bonnet Mats

tridentt150v

OK I've read the forum rules and if I don't make it then let me know and remove the thread.

I am gauging the interest in a Group Buy on under bonnet mats. I know I need one and was talking to another member and he also needed one and a few others sounded interested.

So what i want to know is the level of interest - if we can get 10 or more then it may be worth our while to go the next step.

Note that I did get a quote for EOM and it was $126USD for the mat but postage/greight was prohibitive. But I think if we had enough interest and got say 10 or more the freight might come down.

So:

1. Gauge interest and if there is enough then

2. Look for a supplier and get a quote

3. Tell everyone the cost and allow them time to back out if it is too much

4. Take deposits

5. Order

6. Post out to everyone.

Note I don't have a supplier in mind and am willing to take advice. Also will need help and advice on operating this service.

I'm just along time silent majority member who's trying to do the right thing so don't shoot!!!!

So lets start just reply by adding your user name:

trident150v

yeah, I was thinking amayama, but they quoted me almost $800 for freight on one mat. But if we get a bulk order this may come down [fingers crossed]. If we had 10 and it was $800 then its $80 /mat which is looking ok IMO.

StretchGSK - not sure if your joking or not, but a carbon bonnet, not sure it would have one TBH.

tridentt150v - GTst S2, I might get two anyway, put one away for ron??

hadouken - GTR R33

89CAL - Gtst S2

Robzilla - GTR - R32

Ty1 - Gtst S2?

kingtube69 - Gtst S2

kila32 - GTR R34

• Like 1

I would assume that because of the way the mat is, they would have to be shipped as they sit, which means it is taking up alot of space, so if you had bulk mats together then only the depth would change, and it wouldnt change much so the price wouldnt go up

I had someone chasing one a while ago so ill ask them if they are still interested

Not joking at all tridentt150v

The carbon bonnet also has some sort of matt, just a small one above the turbos.

See attached pic

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/74e632ee/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"> </script>

post-24792-0-87581100-1437970110_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Are you buying Ex-US? Ex-JPN?

You kinda need to follow the GB rules. Everyone always says "I am in" with a EOI... That's the problem with them.

Get some firm pricing.

If it is ex-JPN then Import Monster will be able to handle sea freight and reduce it to next to nothing. They always look after SAU, and I bet that $800 price is for air shipping... Ordering more won't really get the price down as the package size/weight will go up and that's what it's based on.

Ok I will talk to Import Monster and see if they can help. And yeah I said at the start that ppl can pull out if the price is too much for them. Just looking to gauge the interest atm. I should have put an EOI in front of the topic but by the time I thought of it [my grey cells aren't noted for their speed] it was too late.

But I'll keep working at it.

StretchGSK I'll ask but its a strange beast compared to what we will be getting so no promises ok. That photo will come in handy.

Price this week [i'm away for work and in the bush so might be later this week but it will be done].

Thanks all.

tridentt150v - GTst S2, I might get two anyway, put one away for ron??

hadouken - GTR R33

89CAL - Gtst S2 Get another one so x 2

Robzilla - GTR - R32

Ty1 - Gtst S1

kingtube69 - Gtst S2

kila32 - GTR R34

You are right to some extent on freight, but I also think that because its a large flat package and doesn't 'conform' to a box world there is a size penalty. But the mats also don't weigh that much and having 10 stacked on top of each other would increase the price but not by 10 times. But I guess we will suck and see that as we dive deeper.

And thanks for not killing it Nismoid

Yeah my main point is "EOI" is essentially pointless.

Seen it happen many times over the years, you get to 20 people going "yeah ill get one". Then you actually ask for money/deposits, even if the price is awesome, and still only get one person pay.

Best thing, contact Aaron and take it from there. (He only got back from O/S yesty, so he'll be under the pump this week). They have containers arriving almost once a month now IIRC, so it won't take long to get the process sorted.

Then get the pricing sorted out, do a formal purchase and then see how the numbers actually fare. Then do it structured (if pricing goes that way) with 5 / 10 / 20 people etc. That said sea shipping cost won't change a hell of a lot no matter how many, it all depends how it's packed before it's send - IM can again sort that out potentially at their packing facility in Japan if the supplier packs individually rather than a group etc. Loads of options basically

Yeah, Ty1 I'm also hoping the price is around that mark. But there will be freight on top of that plus postage to you. I have contacted Import Monster and talked to Aaron and once I have a price I will get back to everyone with it.

So fingers crossed it all goes OK.

Hi all I have contacted Import Monster and should have a firm price per mat soonish. This pirce will not include postage to your door.......that will be another cost and challenge.

If anyone has a parts manual and could confirm the part numbers as well as if the S1 and S2 Gtst mats are the same [same part number] that would be appreciated. Or alternatively if its avaiable publicly etc then point me in the right direction and I'll do it myself.