SAU Community

July Deca Wrap Up

Leroy Peterson

Also should have some cool drone footage from Tony on the way :)

Thanks Martin for the camera work.

And a massive thanks to Bec, Ryan, Leonica and all the volunteers for organising and running the day! Had a blast as always.

Note to self: avoid midgets at the pub, it doesn't end well

Bahahahahahahaha [emoji48]

Thanks all involved. Brilliant day for what I was there for.

• Like 1

MANY thanks to the organisers and volunteers - such awesome work setting up something like this so far away from Melbourne. It was great to get back to something I hadn't done in years. Will definitely be at the next one with some friends.

Wet skidpan in the morning was a lot of fun, something different and not like it was pouring with rain. Good that it dried up and gave us a lot of dry runs too.

Mini motorkhana was an awesome idea. Really could have used a handbrake for that :(

• Like 1

Ok, here we go. Apologies for the lack of links. My spastic browser wont let me even copy and paste these links, let alone add as a proper link so I'm going to have to painfully type them in below. Simply cut and paste back into your browser to load.

Vids

R34 on back course

Two car battle S14 Vs S13

PHOTOS

http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/jblackman999/library/DECA%20SAU%20july%202015?sort=2&page=1

Was a good day out and I had a great vantage point to take pics from all morning. Next time I might even get the R33 out there myself; a well organized event and it looked like fun

• Like 1

Not only do thanks go to the volunteers for making the day fantastic, but the thanks also go to you guys who provide the footage of all our cars.

Helps re live a great day over and over again!

• Like 1

Did your mum enjoy it?

Had an absolute blast, also said to pass on her thanks to the organisers

She's never voluntarily lost control in a car before, so a great learning experience getting to know her car and just doing something out of the ordinary - don't think she did too badly time wise on some runs either!

• Like 1

Thanks to ALL organisers and volunteers.

I had a blast. Running out of tyres @ 11am was set to be a problem, lucky there was a shop in Shepp that had 20s :D

I'd prefer if any videos of my car stay off the internet for 3-4 weeks. I'll dump the ones I have in HD on YouTube when time is right and post back up here!

Oh and also...

Given the higher price ($120) and only around 30 cars... IMO, best value DECA yet.

4 runs out the back of both courses alone is double the norm (for less than double the price!). If it gets capped at 40 cars, I'd be more than happy paying a bit more for future events if that amount of track time is going to happen.

• Like 1

I'd prefer if any videos of my car stay off the internet for 3-4 weeks. I'll dump the ones I have in HD on YouTube when time is right and post back up here!

I was at 78% uploaded then thought - 'Hey why not check the forum while this clip is uploading'. Now its back to chop your car out of said clip!!! BAAHHHH!!!!!! :rant:

As an aside to the introduction of member pricing at the next one, the point of difference between member and non, rather than cost, could simply be more runs for members?

How are things with the DECA mob? Any feedback considering it's our first time back?

Are we allowed back?

As an aside to the introduction of member pricing at the next one, the point of difference between member and non, rather than cost, could simply be more runs for members?

More runs for members becomes pretty problematic to manage who is who, then how do you deal with car sharing (members vs non) etc.

Just a member price and non-member is a good move IMO. Join up and after 3 DECA's you've saved your membership moneh and the 4th is a bonus reduction.

WINRAAARRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

A vid I whipped up last night (this morn :/ ). May have gone over board with a music track and all but why not, please watch till the end or at least the end :)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/oT203gAssNQ

Were you the guy who asked me about my sunroof being open? Look familiar in your other videos...