SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

First day at work on Monday and caught the train then since yesterday have been driving.... will avoid PT as much as possible. It's funny seeing work colleagues rush out to try and catch the next train as soon as the elevator door opens up.

9 hours ago, Down_Shift said:

First day at work on Monday and caught the train then since yesterday have been driving.... will avoid PT as much as possible. It's funny seeing work colleagues rush out to try and catch the next train as soon as the elevator door opens up.

nice you found a new job? was it you in the IT field as well? :P 

Still remember the phone calls they put out begging people to buy it for 1 cent a share just before it plummeted to that^

Could only afford 2k worth at the time

not commenting about price..

but a "420hp" manual AWD volvo...damn what a sleeper.

Yeah would be fun. I'm not familiar with the AWD system in them, assuming mostly FWD.
Looks so pedestrian though. Later volvos look much nicer

Pfffft no one can stop the gtst

Got a quote on my dream exhaust tips. I didn't even think exhaust tips could cost that much. Damn VIP tax. My heart and efame says yes, my being a relatively responsible adult says no.

:(

What about a golf GTI with a p plate on it and STANCE?

If I got a golf r and took the R badges off would that count? I couldn't do the stanced thing, I value my guards/guard liners and not looking like a complete tool too much.

Plenty can stop the GTST
It's keeping up that people seem to struggle with...

How does your gtst get off the line? Mine never did get off the line well, turbo spooled and wheel spin followed all the way to 80-100.

Once you hooked up in third it hauled ass. #almost400club

Even a 200kw gtst walked a few car lengths away from me from a launch. Wasn't until I could get 3rd-4th that I could destroy any hope they had.

3 hours ago, TiTAN said:

How does your gtst get off the line? Mine never did get off the line well, turbo spooled and wheel spin followed all the way to 80-100.

Once you hooked up in third it hauled ass. #almost400club

Even a 200kw gtst walked a few car lengths away from me from a launch. Wasn't until I could get 3rd-4th that I could destroy any hope they had.

With WOT it spins 1st unless a grippy surface or a decline to it and the tyres are warm. Still moves along though thanks to KAAZ. 2nd always holds unless it's damp. I don't bother off the line if there's any sort of incline as I can't get enough traction. Not the greatest cars to launch IMO, but NPC carbotic happily takes a beating with slippage to spool the turbo and I've probably done 1000+ launches in the car, so confident I can get the best out of it. My power is nearing the sensible limit for these cars at <100km/h speeds without wearing MT streets or some sort of drag setup IMO. Any more and you start to shift the useable power into higher gears/speeds as you described.

Much prefer rolling drags - not just to take launch skill out of the equation, but my small turbo's E85 midrange is long and lethal. Pulls hard from 70-150 in 3rd - if I can hang with someone until that gear I will usually pull away.