SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

18 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

What sort of issues do people have if plugs too cold? If I run 8's on the street... Would I be better off saving 8's for track days only?

Fouling and yes. BTW, please pay $400 to photobucket so they can show your images.

My plugs were just fouly (which is odd because we had them cleaned when my turbo went on.. maybe a month/1500kms ago), and previously were never that state. My specific plugs looked like this:

0988_20.JPG

So there wasn't a great deal of room for anything when carbon gets involved. But yeah, they were a bit "Carbony" which is odd because E85 generates less carbon and 'fouling'.

But yeah, misfires at idle/very low load and misfires at 20psi, Carboning up, looking rather "tan" or a darker tan than mentioned made me think they were no longer the best option.

All hail BCPR7ES (I bought 18) :P

Feeling even better about my 6.4c sell a few weeks ago now

Yeah good move.
See if it hits a new low tomorrow from pommy influence, but I'm just gonna wait it out. They still haven't used artificial lift yet... 11,000 ft is a long way.

1 hour ago, Leroy Peterson said:

There is a Melbourne 88E shareholder meet up tonight, you should go meet some of your new pals.

I picked up 80,000 shares this morning for cheap, so that's paid for by approx tax return.

Details? I did not know about it

Another 30,000 for me

Traralgon Toyota don't carry stock for 2006-2011 Hilux front rotors. And takes them over a week to get stock from Melbourne.

It's probably the most common hilux model in gippsland and a consumable part. They stock the brake pads but "we don't replace brake pads unless the rotors are done at the same time". So why would you stock one and not the other??

34 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/melbourne-88ers.3535713/#post-25763781

BRzaHfB.gif

I picture it in my head a scene similar to ^ that, but I know it would be the complete opposite.

I've been to obscure car club meets, motorcycle club meets, LANs with people only known through internet, and the Melbourne screening of The Red Pill...I've learned to expect absolutely anything and the term "all shapes and sizes".

When work throw out over 2 grand worth of old equipment doing a cleanup, I'll take that.. already sold it too, self bonus.

Also had what looked to be Joffa look at my car on Sunday to possibly buy :D 

Edited by UNR33L