SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Need a new suit.
Mostly middle class formal event use. Handful times a year. Maybe a work function or interview or two. Don't want to spend a fortune, but don't want "cheap". Prefer local than sending measurements overseas....
Recommendations? Suggestions?

Need a new suit.
Mostly middle class formal event use. Handful times a year. Maybe a work function or interview or two. Don't want to spend a fortune, but don't want "cheap". Prefer local than sending measurements overseas....
Recommendations? Suggestions?

Bosini $150 suit or grab a branded one on sale from myer or something normally something 50%off

17 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

What sort of issues do people have if plugs too cold? If I run 8's on the street... Would I be better off saving 8's for track days only?

As said, fouling of plugs but also forced induction cars will run like balls until they heat up properly. 8 sounds excessive. You should run as hot as you can before spark starts to break down. Used to run 5s and they were awesome for quick warm up, but they started wearing out too quickly and losing performance. Now I run 6s on the street and there isn't a great deal of difference in the warmup but the headroom at high rpm is much better.

Used to run 7's. Would misfire on Sandown straight after 2-3 laps. Car needs a good 5-10mins of warmup anyway, had no issues with 8's on the street. Replace the plugs almost every service. No Fouling. I always supply spares when going to a tuners and no one mentioned anything about too cold.

Currently running 6's since switching to CDI, so we'll see what happens.

Yeah good move.
See if it hits a new low tomorrow from pommy influence, but I'm just gonna wait it out. They still haven't used artificial lift yet... 11,000 ft is a long way.

0.029 at open today.

31 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

No one else with suit recommendations? Martin? Rick?

only ever bought one suit off rack. and it was a nasty one when I was at uni.

tailored all the way. 

I go to him in HK as easier for me but in in AU around sept/oct most years

http://www.lktailor.com/bespoke-tailor-in-australia.html

2 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

No one else with suit recommendations? Martin? Rick?

M8 unless your going down the red carpet for an Oscar nomination, a fitted $150-$300 suit is fine.

Aint nobody going to be able to tell the difference cept Rick in his Gucci suit

• Like 1

So when you say fitted, how does that work at Myers? Buy it, then get it altered elsewhere?

Only suit I've ever bought was like $300 or so for wool (wool blend maybe?) at like an outlet and fitted it there.

I don't mind forking out for quality, even I can spot a shiny nylon-like suit. But yeah, $1000 is pushing it. Will need a shirt to go with it... Peter Jackson generally has broad range of sizes...

6 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

So when you say fitted, how does that work at Myers? Buy it, then get it altered elsewhere?
Only suit I've ever bought was like $300 or so for wool (wool blend maybe?) at like an outlet and fitted it there.

Fitted as in a slim fit that will taper off to the waist. Not like a big classic suit where you look like a kid rocking up to his first interview.

Material shouldn't be too thick also.

I buy my suits straight up without any tailoring required. Quality never had an issue with given i wear it Monday to Friday at work

Tailored is better but surplus to your requirements

Just buy off the rack and have it altered, make sure it's 100% wool (anything above $300 generally will be)

try TM Lewin, Rhodes and Beckett - both have sales atm. Otherwise the upper end of Myer suits / Peter Jackson will be ok

and FFS don't fasten the bottom button

Get one of the fly in fly out tailors to measure you up...so worth it. Once you've had tailored it's difficult to go back. Only problem is if your body shape changes over time...

I think last time I did that I got the suit and two Egyptian cotton shirts for $400-450 with a couple of ties thrown in.

Fitted as in a slim fit that will taper off to the waist. Not like a big classic suit where you look like a kid rocking up to his first interview.
Material shouldn't be too thick also.
I buy my suits straight up without any tailoring required. Quality never had an issue with given i wear it Monday to Friday at work

Im kinda surprised you can get it off the shelf with your shoulders and height.
I struggle with getting shoulder width to match neck thickness, then pants length with waist. Damn people are either too skinny, too tall to too big. And im none of those.