SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

49 minutes ago, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

supplier 2 - but tell work it's supplier 1

pocket $800

I assure you this thought crossed my mind before any of the altruism and good will

4 hours ago, Birds said:

Were you planning on getting back in again though? Thought you sold out to buy stuff

considered it when down at 3c might throw something back on  

Old Soarer engine is tired as shit, but being a Toyota it'll go for another 100,000km at least. Checked fluids tonight and if the dipstick can be trusted, the oil is overfull - by quite a bit actually - checked it twice with a wiped stick to confirm. I don't remember overfilling it when I last changed the oil. Oil on the stick had a bit of a fuel smell to it, but most tired old engines will do that. Is it possible that fuel is getting past the piston rings and very slowly filling up the sump, hence overfilled?

Does it run at operating temp for a while or barely manage to get up to temp before its parked again?

If it's changing the level on the dip stick I'd check the injectors to make sure one isnt leaking. Did the fuel economy suddenly get worse?

It runs at operating temp, decent sized trips.

Car had been neglected by mother for years (read: rarely serviced and sat parked on side of road for a couple years barely driven), before I borrowed it as a temp car for Leesh to get around in. I've barely driven it myself so haven't been able to track personality changes in it, but it's not a healthy engine - boosts horribly with flat spots etc. blows a lot of smoke - 300,000km on it and that's probably a wound back odo. Fuel economy would never have been great, probably around 13L/100. Smells of fuel so no doubt has a leak somewhere, be it injector or fittings, was just curious if fuel could leak significantly enough to theoretically top up the sump with a hybrid of oil/fuel.

it just depends how bad the leak is if it's changing the level of the sump it's pretty bad, and your oil is probably in very poor shape.

Also, fuel leak from fittings and being able to smell it outside the car is basically asking for it to burn to the ground.

Would not be driving/10

1JZ no shit

Can't see a leak from fittings, just assuming there could be a slow one given the smell. Think it's emanating from the fuel tank actually, as there is residue near the fuel flap. What could cause that? Seems like the fuel tank is getting pressurised lol

11 hours ago, Birds said:

It runs at operating temp, decent sized trips.

Car had been neglected by mother for years (read: rarely serviced and sat parked on side of road for a couple years barely driven), before I borrowed it as a temp car for Leesh to get around in. I've barely driven it myself so haven't been able to track personality changes in it, but it's not a healthy engine - boosts horribly with flat spots etc. blows a lot of smoke - 300,000km on it and that's probably a wound back odo. Fuel economy would never have been great, probably around 13L/100. Smells of fuel so no doubt has a leak somewhere, be it injector or fittings, was just curious if fuel could leak significantly enough to theoretically top up the sump with a hybrid of oil/fuel.

$50 for the Soarer.

Cash.

:P 

Birds, leigh:

CSGO majors on next weekend in Poland. might do some live betting. 8hour timezone difference though, makes it a bit tough. might only watch a match or two, but theres always gambling to be had.

https://www.esports-betting.pro/counter-strike-cs-go/pgl-major-krakow-2017/

i've had leaky injectors in the ute so if cars sits for a while was leaking into cyl.

worn rings and it would get past, mine would just run like shit after I come back from a trip till it burned off/spat out the excess fuel.

42 minutes ago, UNR33L said:

I don't really follow it that much, but it's kinda sad that I know more of those clan names than NBA teams :P

Quietly confident that E-sports will one day be bigger than the NBA

45 minutes ago, Birds said:

Quietly confident that E-sports will one day be bigger than the NBA

Absolutely, there's the on going debate that e-sports shouldn't be called a sport and the players shouldn't be called athletes etc. 

im always amazed at how many smaller leagues or comps there are going at one time just in the international scene. Not sure who watches it all...

Part of the problem is the games. DOTA/LoL/Smite/Heroes Of The Storm. are variations of the same thing.