SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

2 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Just found out I'm going to be away for Downshift meet at end of month. Damn it.
FIFO come at me

Wont it just be the same cars that rock up at every meet?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Yep but pulsar hasnt been to a big meet in... Years. Plus gathering of VIP cars who havent seen in a while or freshly imported.

Fair enough we need to do a cruise soon

Pats car should be tuned and done in 2 weeks

• Like 1

Such a hard life Liam. 

Living away from home for 10months starts to take its toll. Lots of car friends to catch up with and a back-catalogue of work to do on cars.

If you want I can hook you up with some cheap Neons to make you feel better? (proper Neons, not that LED pleb stuff)

Fair enough we need to do a cruise soon
Pats car should be tuned and done in 2 weeks

Awwww yis. Fingers crossed.
Car has been off the road for 1.5yrs.
Keen to start driving in 2 weeks

5 hours ago, Odium said:

Whats next for you?

So after being made redundant 3 weeks ago, i had another department at work ask if I would be interested in working for them.

basically some skills I have that is not replicated elsewhere withing the company that they need.

after discussing with with them, they are building a new role around me and my skill set rather than try and fit me in an existing role.

SO still a little bit of consulting, but more training of others in different offices and having oversite on processes and procedures for some of our partners and offices.

still locking in details but going to be a fun ride

• Like 2

So after being made redundant 3 weeks ago, i had another department at work ask if I would be interested in working for them.
basically some skills I have that is not replicated elsewhere withing the company that they need.

after discussing with with them, they are building a new role around me and my skill set rather than try and fit me in an existing role.
SO still a little bit of consulting, but more training of others in different offices and having oversite on processes and procedures for some of our partners and offices.

still locking in details but going to be a fun ride

Basically they gave you a heap of money to change roles within the company.

It's a win for you, bit stupid on their part though.

i've been there for a while,

the IP I have in my head is worth much more to them than my salary...

basically they loose me, they loose near on 10 Mil of revenue stream as they cannot service it.

we have 2 people left who can maintain the product globally and one who can install..

that's the 2nd redundancy that I have come though in better position for.

this one however is all on me, its up to me to either make this role work which has great potential for future, or fail miserably.

and with more exposure, gone from 9 levels to CEO to 4 

Reduced levels of management above you can be a good thing.

I have one level and a side step to the ceo, the extra exposure does come with the ability to be able to tell other people to just bugger off and that what you are doing is happening and they are just going to have to get over it and move on, which is great for getting shit done. Though if you have to deal with office politics that's less applicable unless you are at the yolo end of the do I look like I give a f**k scale.

9 hours ago, emts said:

basically they loose me, they loose near on 10 Mil of revenue stream as they cannot service it.

If you are in a non-dedundantable (not a word) job position bringing in revenue to a firm of $10M. Then your salary should be like $5M