SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

$160 car hire.
$360 one-way airport drop off interstate
28c/km after 200kms.

Ill worry about reimbursement later, just glad to be home. Gave someone from site in a similar situation a lift so was good to have someone to talk to.

What did I get from it over other options? Bus/train didn't leave till this evening, arrive in Melb at 7am. Business class Qantas was $1200 and didn't leave till 9:30pm. First economy flight out of Sydney was 6am next day. So I basically got home the quickest method possible.

Well played [emoji106]
  • Like 1

Came in with ADR37/00

so 1/2/86 so all cars after that date, plus any older car that has a motor from that date onwards.

so fit a Miami V8 to a XD falcon and legally need cats.

The ADRs do not mandate the use of particular technology, although it has been necessary for vehicle manufacturers to fit catalytic converters to light petrol and LPG vehicles in order to meet the emission limits introduced by ADR37/00 in the mid 1980's.

https://infrastructure.gov.au/roads/environment/emission/index.aspx

Implementation date for that ADR:

https://infrastructure.gov.au/roads/environment/files/Emission_Standards_for_Petrol_Cars.pdf

• Like 1

Legend.
I've made a list of things to do with the Triumph, it's not surprising and not hard, just takes time. Still predicting $1000 plus tyres to get it where I'm happy to sell it. Really depends on how much additional is needed for RWC. Need to find someone who isn't interested in making money off stupid shit, maybe I do the ol' leave something obviously deliberately to keep them happy?

No idea. They start at $5k on Gumtree in average condition. $9k on carsales for a neat version. I was gonna aim for the $4-5k region, just to get interest and move it. No point aiming high and playing the waiting game.
I don't mind cleaning up and let the car sell itself. Though not sure what to do if multiple parties interested.

so whats the price in current condition?

1K plus tires plus RWC  your looking 1500-1600$  if you aiming for 4K is it worth it?

ie could you sell for 2K plus in current condition?

Ummm not sure what it's worth to me now.

So far owes me $70 tow, and $150 car cover because I didn't think my sisters mazda 2 hatch cover would fit it but is actually perfect...

2 tyres have gone borderline flat and it's shocking to push because I think one of the front disc brakes has "locked".

If you're interested Martin, you need to come see the car. I'm open to offers. I haven't bought any new parts for it yet, but was going to start in the next 2 weeks.

Even just to try and get the motor running and rolling.

(replace fuel, get friend to play around with the carbies, new oil/coolant/filters, sort brakes somehow). Car hasn't run in 10years so it's gotta be done.

Just seen too many people loose out when they try and fix up things on cars to sell,

My logic is you should only be spending money if you think you will get 1.5$ back or more for each $ spent.

that said a non running British car from late 70s/early 80is is prob not going to sell for much. (50$ and a ham sandwich anyone?)

I'ld prob more spend a little to get it running, fluids/filters/carb rebuild kit (all stuff you can do at home and not get charged labour for) and then try and sell it on.

the more you spend the less you will get in return.

and spending $600 on getting a carb rebuilt doesn't raise the value of the car by at least that much, since someone else could come along with a complete carb that works poorly for $200... but it'd still make the car run.

2 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

No idea. They start at $5k on Gumtree in average condition. $9k on carsales for a neat version. I was gonna aim for the $4-5k region, just to get interest and move it. No point aiming high and playing the waiting game.
I don't mind cleaning up and let the car sell itself. Though not sure what to do if multiple parties interested.

Just because they're listed for that doesn't mean they'll sell for that

/everyonewhoeverlived

For the bare minimum, just do enough to get the engine running and prove the trans/diff is working. (Even if it's just the back end on stands as the brakes are locked) as they are the big $$ things that people want to know are ok.

40 minutes ago, emts said:

but if rebuild kit is 22$ plus delivery per carb and you can do it yourself..

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/triumph,1979,tr7,2.0l+l4,1280012,fuel/air,carburetor+repair+kit,5964

100% this... it's the labour that kills you if you don't know any better. Especially on cheaper cars (<$10k) like this