SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

being british you won't have to go to much effort to give it the rusted patina look??

and you want something more efame than a barra....I'm thinking a tesla Model S P1billion drivetrain swap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leroy Peterson said:

I should make my triumph project go public for sourcing funds. Anyone want a share?

Sorry mate I don't dabble in penny stocks

so lets run some numbers on this...

the base weight on a 97 Failane was: 1642 KG
standard Engine was 162KW and 361Nm of torque 
which we get a 9.8s  0-100

Great. now they replaced the 162kw with a 3.5l Mitsubishi motor, which we can gather was the magna one.
Magna 3.5 147kw and 300Nm 

hmm not a good move..

now add in a second rear axle and suspension.. there has to be a good 250kg there for everything (axle, suspension, brakes, wheels)
add in an extra 6 front passenger seats (so it appears) circa 40 kg each for those so there 240kg 

so we have ditched 10% power and 20% torque and we are 30% heavier  hmm getting worse.

now the big one that stretch, to keep that from bowing and adding 2 extra doors there is some serious metal involved here lets be generous and call it 800kg

so we are now at approx 3000kg 

now a quick google says the GMV of a magna was 1884kg and had a tow weight of 1500kg so 3384kg

so would this do 100 and cruise yes.

but wait you idiot I hear you screaming..you forgot the passengers....

so call it 1 driver and 8 in the back

average au person weighs in at 78.5kg from ABS

so lets add in that extra 709.5kg in

so we at 3641.5kg... best case

using a online calculator:

http://www.060calculator.com/

gives us a theoretical best time of 14.8sec 0-100
assuming the engine/transmission does not explode as it is now past it's duty level..

yes I am bored today

it states 3.5L and pre 2000 (the build date) my only finds were the magna engine, (same engine was in the pajero but makes more sense to use the magna one as no transfer case and such to stress about.)

cannot think of any drive by wire cars from that era as well so yeah that would be all cable operated, the gear box mech would have to be weird as well unless you built an actuator on top and had it as push button 

so lets run some numbers on this...
the base weight on a 97 Failane was: 1642 KG
standard Engine was 162KW and 361Nm of torque 
which we get a 9.8s  0-100

Great. now they replaced the 162kw with a 3.5l Mitsubishi motor, which we can gather was the magna one.
Magna 3.5 147kw and 300Nm 
hmm not a good move..
now add in a second rear axle and suspension.. there has to be a good 250kg there for everything (axle, suspension, brakes, wheels)
add in an extra 6 front passenger seats (so it appears) circa 40 kg each for those so there 240kg 

so we have ditched 10% power and 20% torque and we are 30% heavier  hmm getting worse.
now the big one that stretch, to keep that from bowing and adding 2 extra doors there is some serious metal involved here lets be generous and call it 800kg

so we are now at approx 3000kg 
now a quick google says the GMV of a magna was 1884kg and had a tow weight of 1500kg so 3384kg
so would this do 100 and cruise yes.

but wait you idiot I hear you screaming..you forgot the passengers....
so call it 1 driver and 8 in the back
average au person weighs in at 78.5kg from ABS

so lets add in that extra 709.5kg in

so we at 3641.5kg... best case

using a online calculator:
http://www.060calculator.com/

gives us a theoretical best time of 14.8sec 0-100
assuming the engine/transmission does not explode as it is now past it's duty level..

yes I am bored today

In the description it clearly states 12 + driver so there's a heap more seats and people you aren't accounting for.
  • Like 1