SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

4 minutes ago, TiTAN said:

In the description it clearly states 12 + driver so there's a heap more seats and people you aren't accounting for.

so it's counting a bench front seat.. yeah right who sits in the front of a limo

and the bech at the back as 3...i'm not crouding in that hard.

I went with 2 on the rear seat and 1 extra in each of the 6 new stand alone seats.

plus a driver in front.

could you get more, yes, would you tho..doubt it

Correction---

your right I didn't look at the pics close enough and yes there is a 2nd rear facing back seat. so lets add an extra 157kg to this...

It shouldn't sink anyway...what idiot sells out of a stock because of a one week delay to a procedure...do they even know what they are investing in?

It shouldn't sink anyway...what idiot sells out of a stock because of a one week delay to a procedure...do they even know what they are investing in?

People have sold off for dumber reasons. Also this week delay was unplanned, which is not great for morale/confidence.

37 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

People have sold off for dumber reasons. Also this week delay was unplanned, which is not great for morale/confidence.

Stupid people...if it said a delay due to something that is likely to ihibit success, I would accept it. A delay due to something that can easily be fixed within a week should hardly be a decider whether someone stays in a spec stock or not. The bet here is on the flow results, i.e. whether they can get profitable oil out of the ground, not how fast they can do it.

The only other reasons I can think of are short termers who hedged everything on getting an announcement this week, or people expecting a drop on any announcement and trying to beat others to the chase so they can buy in lower.

42 minutes ago, emts said:

needs more low,

but yeah looks like a fun car.

Why sell it, not going to make you any real money, and you could pop it on club reg and have a weekender.

yeah the look of it is growing on me. Since ive never driven one, i cant comment on what its like the drive.
Theres a bunch of reasons why I dont want it.
- Most people convert to electric ignition because old car. I probably would want to too
- drum rear brakes.
- rust is always a concern, even if car has none visible. (not sure how im going to check the fuel tank...)
- not fast enough for my liking. fast mods is more money, less reliability. apparently they're about 1000kgs, but the nameplate says 1300kgs ??? surely not that heavy...
- electrics are pretty damn nasty. ive become pretty fastidious and would want to re-wire the entire thing, which further takes it away from "original" spec.
- I dont have space and i dont want space for more cars.
- 2x project cars and rarely being home is hard enough as it is.
- I would prefer a sunbeam Alpine if I had to choose a british coupe

If I had a mortgage or something and got rid of the gloria, then yeah, i'd probably tinker with it and hold onto it. I dont think they will fetch big money like its older cousins in the near future, so dont see it as an investment. However, its relative simplicity and cheap parts plus that old car character make it tempting...

5 min till home time!

come at me SG qantas lounge.

looking forward to swinging past the build tomorrow on tail end of home trip, tiles are down so not far to go.