SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

I always stay at the seahorse in Phillip Island for my track days.. Quiet spot away from the main strip but close enough to walk to pino's, and room to park the car with trailer, which they don't mind

2 hours ago, Spressy said:

Hi guys, for future reference, does anyone know of some motels near sandown, and philip island, where my car is less likely to get pwnd by thieves?

i know a few members have stayed at the rooms out the back of Sandown Hotel. had some room for cars/trailers not viewable from the street. though, wasnt the biggest area to navigate.

3 hours ago, Spressy said:

Hi guys, for future reference, does anyone know of some motels near sandown, and philip island, where my car is less likely to get pwnd by thieves?

Not cheap but your car won't get nicked and it's close to the track for that potential walk back...

http://bimbadeenphillipisland.com.au/accommodation/

4 hours ago, Spressy said:

Sandown I've got no idea because it's only  few suburbs away from me... Unfortunately it's also right next door to Springvale and Dandenong which aren't the friendliest suburbs to leave a car overnight on a Friday/Saturday.

For Philip Island I have stayed a few times at Ramada Resort which is halfway between the Track and Cowes, right in the middle of the island.

Yo Martin, so had a flight booked with Qantas domestic, got a message saying I could checkin as it was 12 hours or so before my flight. Then got another message saying my flight has been changed and need to go to the website to see the changes. Go online and see that my 10am flight is now a 11:40 flight and that there are no longer flights in a 2hr window between 9-11am. Is this something that happens regularly, without explanation?

2 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Yo Martin, so had a flight booked with Qantas domestic, got a message saying I could checkin as it was 12 hours or so before my flight. Then got another message saying my flight has been changed and need to go to the website to see the changes. Go online and see that my 10am flight is now a 11:40 flight and that there are no longer flights in a 2hr window between 9-11am. Is this something that happens regularly, without explanation?

This has happened to me with a couple of 6am flights to Sydney or Brisbane (i can't remember which city it was). 

It doesn't happen often to me (twice now in my work life). It normally is caused by one of two things, delays caused by traffic/weather/maintenance or they have a need for a different plane in the location you are flying to.

I've not had my flights moved as far as yours though.Mine are normally shifted by 30 minutes or so.

Kinda surprised at the bounce-back. Had a sell order at 4c two weeks ago and decided to pull it... Oh well.
News is pretty terrible but I'll wait for some educated Hot Copper poster to tell me how the info is a minor setback and that there is still faith.
(if my flight was on time I would have seen the announcement and sold probs 50% of my holding)

Bit of a bloodbath, but the price isn't any worse than it was before the announcement ramp up.

Have only had a skim of the announcement, but so far looks only slightly positive erring on the side of inconclusive, when market was expecting mega positive.

Early days of analysis still but I don't see any positive info thus far.
Large pressure drop in a short time frame, reduction in choke to maintain pressure, only ~18% of fraction fluid recovered, no notable hydrocarbons detected, was supposed to start on the 28th but didnt start till the 31st etc.
I'm wondering if/when they will use an artificial lifting method.

you get that when there bad weather at a airport somewhere else, as the planes bounce between, so if Bris has bad weather then it screws with Melb flights.

and lounge grog does not open up till 12 so screwed either way.

M

• Like 1