SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

1 hour ago, TiTAN said:

Want to be careful with the c63.

The whole catastrophic engine failure fault they have with the head bolts is costly.

How much is a c63 engine rebuild though?

People tend to have no issues coughing up $10k to $20k in GTR engine rebuilds once every few years :30_no_mouth:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, blah_blah said:

People tend to have no issues coughing up $10k to $20k in GTR engine rebuilds once every few years :30_no_mouth:

as I said the new skyline....

44 minutes ago, blah_blah said:

or $100k every few events for burnout cars...

or $15k for OEM intake bits for their ferraris or $10k for a new bumper on their Lotus' or $2000 a year for new tyres on their BMW X5's or $10k on VW polo GTI engine when the pistons melt or $6k on BMW gearboxes when they throw an error code.

I dont know how people have money for rent/mortgage/food/school fees sometimes

Guys in the USA are getting quotes of 30-40k from the dealers. 10k+ from performance shops.

The headbolts back out and it dumps the coolant into the sump/bores and if it doesn't bend a rod or two it ruins the bearings as coolants a shit replacement for oil.

13 hours ago, TiTAN said:

Guys in the USA are getting quotes of 30-40k from the dealers. 10k+ from performance shops.

The headbolts back out and it dumps the coolant into the sump/bores and if it doesn't bend a rod or two it ruins the bearings as coolants a shit replacement for oil.

I'd be happy paying $10k plus for a c63 engine rebuild

Just tuned car back to the stock tune with the flash tuner, man I forgot how much the transmission tune limits the car but dropping power between changes.. on the bright side my car is farting again which is nice. Still feels pretty quick too, probably the traction I'm not used to having.

Had some old bloke look to buy it the other day and think he wants to have it inspected by a mechanic so figured should bring it back to stock tune.. also don't want old mate killing himself 

Edited by UNR33L

Nope, I've basically returned car back to stock and re-uploaded pics & changed the ad description due to the people viewing it saying in the end it's too modified for their liking, too low, etc. 

I took him for a test drive in the wet anyway so wouldn't know the difference, if it were some young dude then I'd tell them about the tune but it seems all the people that have asked about the car want it stock standard. 

So stock brakes, wheels, suspension, tune is back on - which will bring me about ~5k anyway, the suspension and rims already gone. 

Edited by UNR33L

Toll confirmed for worst courier around.
Took 15mins yesterday to book a pickup due severe language difficulties.
Get a call this morning from the driver, again with language difficulties, trying to find out where he needed to go. Had the wrong Street number at first, then turned out he had the wrong postcode and was in Canberra. f**king muppets. Would have been better off booking online.