SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

13 hours ago, HEKT1K said:

What's a med cert

My work doesn't magically go away if I don't show up, only doing myself a disservice if I take the day off 

non union lyf

and if you can work from home even more this.

your not infecting others and still getting the work done.

Anyone used/using Nankang NS2Rs? Already thinking of next tyres for the GTST. RSRRs have served me well and were great value when new, but starting to lose their grip under power. Plenty of life left in them for regular driving but they're still noisy as fk and that's only an acceptable trade off if you're getting grip.

I "think" these are what richo runs on the wrx and was very happy with $$ for grip.

EDIT:

Sorry he running the AR1

image.png.01a098606a4bd7e45ae393140158c994.png

must have been Starr's BMW running the NS but it 150ish RWKW so whole diff kettle of fish.

• Like 1

Unfortunately if I don't come in to work for more than 2-3 days so much stuff grinds to a halt. It's why I'm hesitant to take more than a few days for a holiday. When I went to Japan for 3-4 weeks they got someone to run things while I was away and they ended up cancelling the job before I even got home because they weren't prepared. Trying to organise work for myself after it fell through was a pain in the ass.
Its like if you book a holiday too far in advanced it's f**k things coming up you're not aware of yet, but you can't exactly do things last minute because it seems convenient.
February went to the gold Coast for like 5 days or something and ended up having to come home early for work. Typical.

20 minutes ago, dezz said:

Live to work or work to live... If you're just an employee the decision is an easy one

Was just about to type the same thing.. work to live or live to work 

I feel like too many people live to work, has it always been like this? 

#quarterlifecrysis feel like all I do is work and not much fun these days

Granted I'm in the middle of a major mid life crisis, but more and more I start to think like that... Too often I hear shit like 'I'd love to do x, but I have to work' meanwhile said persons boss/company owner is on their 5th overseas trip for the year.
f**k that shit.
It's not living, it's just waiting to die

My work (yay govt) has two types of leave, has a certain amount of sick leave per year with no cert, and a second allotment of leave with a cert. The leave with a cert is very generous and generally used for people with sick kids/carers leave etc.

Life quality is a thing and really should be everyone's primary aim, however the hell it suits people to achieve it.

Some people have it easier, some people have it hard. Some people make it hard for themselves. Some people have earned and worked their way to having it easy.

The older I get, the more I realise how a lot of people who have it hard comes down to decisions they have made as well as how they approach work/life. #CISmaleprivelige

(obviously some people are just thrown curve balls their entire lives)