SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Still have some test driving to do once I sell my car, some guy meant to be coming around tonight to view my car for the 2nd time so we'll see.

I like the Focus RS + scoobies, Audi S3, Merc too but too much $$ 

Scrap that, guy messaged me and said he wants a car that hasn't been modified at all (my car just has an exhaust & tint basically..) back to square one again :D 

So out of 5 guys I've had look, 4 said too modified yet it's all stated in the ad with pictures. People are pretty dumb 

Edited by UNR33L

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Abarth-695-2015/SSE-AD-4951364/?Cr=0

$65k brand new. $80k with all the extras. apparently $125k now... not sure if it will sell in a hurry, somehow i doubt anyone in Aus will pay over $100k for it, but there ya go. Apparently this model sold out super quickly in europe. who da thunk.

0-100 in 5.9secs claimed. for that kind of money you could get AMG45.

17 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Abarth-695-2015/SSE-AD-4951364/?Cr=0

$65k brand new. $80k with all the extras. apparently $125k now... not sure if it will sell in a hurry, somehow i doubt anyone in Aus will pay over $100k for it, but there ya go. Apparently this model sold out super quickly in europe. who da thunk.

Yeah that wont sell for that amount of doll hairs.

I think they sold 50 of them in Aus, so it's not like nobody wanted them...

Theres a Honda S660 in NSW for sale. $33k.

A little bit more and you can get an Abarth 124. Turbo 1.6L convertible without mid engine hassles. Obviously not as cool and less Street cred

33 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

How you know the seller is a tool: they are offering numberplates 695-500 for $5k extra, when selling the car without would render them worthless.

Don't know why people think rare suddenly means valuable. Rare + desirable makes valuable. It would be a fun car but only some Fiat mad rich guy would see value in that...and who knows...there may be one out there, like there is with Alfa Romeo nutjobs.

1 hour ago, Leroy Peterson said:

But even non sporty fiat 500's are selling for $50k. It's crazy. I just don't get it. They're tall, which takes away the appeal of a hot hatch, so it just becomes retro AWD small car.
Whatevs. I'd have one.

So I could sell it.

European version of kei cars?

I think Volkswagen dominate the hot hatch market because they got the formula right: reasonably priced, practical, small, decent looking, quick. Power is missing from a lot of so called hot hatches or flagship/sport model small cars. The AMG A45 is more popular than it should be in this segment because it's one of the quickest. Hyundai Veloster, Astra SRi, Toyota 86, MX5 are all fun cars to drive except in a straight line. There is enough price gap that if they came with a decent bit of grunt they would walk all over the Europeans. I mean, how hard would it have been for Toyota to put a turbo 2.0 in the 86 and who wouldn't pay a 6-7k premium for it when there was/is 8k difference between base and GTS models anyway?

50 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

I do like the Abarth 124.

Wait for plug-in ecu, exhaust, hiflow turbo, add boost, wheels, maybe a diff.

Seems a better prospect than the MX5, at least for a base to establish decent power. MX5 roadster has great looks but 124 looks bigger and classier in pics.

30 minutes ago, UNR33L said:

Probably what I'd upgrade to after offloading 33R to an American

Seem less special the cheaper they get though

How would you cope with only 357kw?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UNR33L said:

Still have some test driving to do once I sell my car, some guy meant to be coming around tonight to view my car for the 2nd time so we'll see.

I like the Focus RS + scoobies, Audi S3, Merc too but too much $$ 

Scrap that, guy messaged me and said he wants a car that hasn't been modified at all (my car just has an exhaust & tint basically..) back to square one again :D 

So out of 5 guys I've had look, 4 said too modified yet it's all stated in the ad with pictures. People are pretty dumb 

Yeah, it's insane with the amount of people who don't bother reading the ad before going further.