SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

1 hour ago, Birds said:

Corporate life in a nutshell:

People happy to handball you tasks

Moment you ask them for a favour in return..."not our department"

Fkn ain't that the truth. I feel like I'm keeping people employed by showing them how and doing their work :(

2 minutes ago, Daz said:

Fkn ain't that the truth. I feel like I'm keeping people employed by showing them how and doing their work :(

Thing that's been getting to me lately is the atrocious spelling, grammar and proof reading skills of senior management. Is it not prerequisite of such positions that you be an effective communicator with excellent communication skills, as the job vacancies lead me to believe?

• Like 1

Thing that's been getting to me lately is the atrocious spelling, grammar and proof reading skills of senior management. Is it not prerequisite of such positions that you be an effective communicator with excellent communication skills, as the job vacancies lead me to believe?

It's only a problem if you can't fake it all the way through the probationary period. Duh.

These companys work you to to the bone, they talk about "we are family" and then dismiss people at their pleasure - seen it done so many times.

I'm thinking about leaving the company and then sitting back and watching them go through hardship.

Wait until they beg you to come back and then negotiate a contract pay of $2k per day :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daz said:

These companys work you to to the bone, they talk about "we are family" and then dismiss people at their pleasure - seen it done so many times.

I'm thinking about leaving the company and then sitting back and watching them go through hardship.

Wait until they beg you to come back and then negotiate a contract pay of $2k per day :)

The company I work for used to be privately owned by a CEO who cared more about giving people/families jobs than profit. We had a board in the foyer with names on 20, 25 and 30+ years of service honours - no one wanted to leave the company and that's what I was told when I joined up. In my first two years I think I saw one employee leave.

Sold the business to an ASX200 company. These days there is a new staff member coming and an old one leaving on average every 2 months. No one is happy. Morale is down and people are getting overworked with more pressure to come - they will leave once they've had enough and be replaced with fresh blood who will one day wear out too. Obviously things are going to change with a publically owned company, but the way they went about the transition of corporate culture without acknowledging how things were before and treading carefully, was f**king terrible. New company culture fosters backstabbing, handballing, ladder climbers, ridiculous bureaucracy, written accountability at every measure, lots of expected overtime, a management-centric HR department etc. All bout the bottom dollar. Short term they've boosted profits due to working people harder, it I see long term decline from the lost experience and recruiting of people who have no idea about the industry.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Birds said:

The company I work for used to be privately owned by a CEO who cared more about giving people/families jobs than profit. We had a board in the foyer with names on 20, 25 and 30+ years of service honours - no one wanted to leave the company and that's what I was told when I joined up. In my first two years I think I saw one employee leave.

Sold the business to an ASX200 company. These days there is a new staff member coming and an old one leaving on average every 2 months. No one is happy. Morale is down and people are getting overworked with more pressure to come - they will leave once they've had enough and be replaced with fresh blood who will one day wear out too. Obviously things are going to change with a publically owned company, but the way they went about the transition of corporate culture without acknowledging how things were before and treading carefully, was f**king terrible. New company culture fosters backstabbing, handballing, ladder climbers, ridiculous bureaucracy, written accountability at every measure, lots of expected overtime, a management-centric HR department etc. All bout the bottom dollar. Short term they've boosted profits due to working people harder, it I see long term decline from the lost experience and recruiting of people who have no idea about the industry.

Unfortunately company's that genuinely care for its people is a rarity these days.

These days company's complain saying there's no more employee loyalty any more but the company's have done it to them selves - by treating employees like shit 

• Like 1

R33 GTS-Ts going up in value...becoming less attractive as cheap track cars...

With my fresh paintjob and the above, a dilemma exists whether to go back to the track and have some fun at the risk of putting it into a tyre wall, or preserve it for future worth

Mind you some thieving cunts already ruined the perfect paintjob trying to steal her from work a couple months ago by ramming the rear bumper with another stolen car and breaking the front grill :angry:

31 minutes ago, Birds said:

R33 GTS-Ts going up in value...becoming less attractive as cheap track cars...

With my fresh paintjob and the above, a dilemma exists whether to go back to the track and have some fun at the risk of putting it into a tyre wall, or preserve it for future worth

Exact feelings I've got with the R. Even having trouble finding interest just to go for a drive.

Last time I took the R for a drive was to local Dan Murphy's 3/4 weeks ago. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Birds said:

Mind you some thieving dream boats already ruined the perfect paintjob trying to steal her from work a couple months ago by ramming the rear bumper with another stolen car and breaking the front grill :angry:

Time for Megane RS? 

1 minute ago, Count Grantleyish said:

Exact feelings I've got with the R. Even having trouble finding interest just to go for a drive.

Last time I took the R for a drive was to local Dan Murphy's 3/4 weeks ago. 

I have those feelings with my R too and it's  not even on the road yet. It seemed more fun as a <20k car that I would be able to track occasionally. Now it seems irresponsible to have so much money tied up in a 20+ year old car when I could sell and get something cheaper or newer. Maybe I'm just finally growing up...

...nah